• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have kidney, will swap for Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision

Associate
I already have another 3090 on order, but the more I look at the Gigabyte Vision, the more I think it will just look perfect in the new build. I know I'm mad to think about aesthetic in this market. Anyway, when's the next Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision drop happening??? I just missed the early Feb one and it's eating me inside. When is the drought ending?!?!?!

Associate
How come? Please do tell.
Had bad experiences with gigabyte over the years.
Starting with a top of the line mobo that gigabyte stopped producing update bios half way through its lifespan and made it eol.
Whilst all other mobo manufacturers continued to support making me unable to upgrade my CPU. And this wasn't their bottom end mobo but their flagship. Still makes my blood boil that does.

Next up was a gfx card Rx 480. Gigabyte G1 which used to overheat like crazy. Until I took it apart and saw that it was assembled by a monkey . **** thermal pasta no right thickness pads etc. So I had to by a new cooler from artic just to keep it going.

At that point I decided no more gigabyte for me. I was done with this company.

Associate
OP
Had bad experiences with gigabyte over the years.
Starting with a top of the line mobo that gigabyte stopped producing update bios half way through its lifespan and made it eol.
Whilst all other mobo manufacturers continued to support making me unable to upgrade my CPU. And this wasn't their bottom end mobo but their flagship. Still makes my blood boil that does.

Next up was a gfx card Rx 480. Gigabyte G1 which used to overheat like crazy. Until I took it apart and saw that it was assembled by a monkey . **** thermal pasta no right thickness pads etc. So I had to by a new cooler from artic just to keep it going.

At that point I decided no more gigabyte for me. I was done with this company.
But... but... the RTX 3090 Vision looks so beautiful!!!1111!111!1

Associate
No trading outside the MM ;) Infact the MM isn't allowing Kidneys as currency at the moment @Space Monkey to confirm.

+++ This would be classed as profiteering as you kidney is a lot chea
But... but... the RTX 3090 Vision looks so beautiful!!!1111!111!1

I have noticed that gigabyte is high on aesthetics and low on build quality and performance.
But then again I haven't owned anything from gigabyte for a while now so it could have changed.

Associate
So, in your experience, what's the most reliable brand?

I think there is swings and roundabouts ever generation. Its not as simple as pick one company and stick with it forever.
But generally i would say
nvidia =
evga is up there, but it looks like their RMA dept is gone from UK. which is not good.
Asus line is up there but they charge extra $$$. Zontac is a no-no due to their blatant encouragement of Mining via their cards through the recent tweet.
Gigabyte high end stuff looks good, their low end has endless problems with power connectors and adaptors. I like MSI but again their quality and bios have been a bit poor recently. never had KFA, or Palit but they look ok if you can get them that is.

Associate
OP
I think there is swings and roundabouts ever generation. Its not as simple as pick one company and stick with it forever.
But generally i would say
nvidia =
evga is up there, but it looks like their RMA dept is gone from UK. which is not good.
Asus line is up there but they charge extra $$$. Zontac is a no-no due to their blatant encouragement of Mining via their cards through the recent tweet.
Gigabyte high end stuff looks good, their low end has endless problems with power connectors and adaptors. I like MSI but again their quality and bios have been a bit poor recently. never had KFA, or Palit but they look ok if you can get them that is.
Thanks for the tips cumpa', much appreciated. I'll sit tight on the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra. If OC decide to ship it, that's it. Still... the 3090 vision... form over substance... oh man... choices! :D

Back
Top Bottom