• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have kidney, will swap for Gigabyte RTX 3090 Vision

Associate
Thanks for the tips cumpa', much appreciated. I'll sit tight on the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra. If OC decide to ship it, that's it. Still... the 3090 vision... form over substance... oh man... choices! :D
The watercooled versions of EVGA look so yummy but they are not sold in the EU shop.

Associate
Just an FYI - i have a Gigabyte Eagle OC 3090 and have not had a single problem with it. They did have issues with the power connectors in the early revisions (like mine) but they have a huge thread on that and there customer service was outstanding. It also has now been corrected for a while now
As always you will have people with bad experiences and some that haven't had a problem once. Just get whatever you would like!

Associate
OP
Just an FYI - i have a Gigabyte Eagle OC 3090 and have not had a single problem with it. They did have issues with the power connectors in the early revisions (like mine) but they have a huge thread on that and there customer service was outstanding. It also has now been corrected for a while now
As always you will have people with bad experiences and some that haven't had a problem once. Just get whatever you would like!
I concur. The sample size of 1 is too small to draw conclusions. As they say, YMMV for everything, let alone GPUs. What I'd like now, is for the EVGA 3090 TFW3 Ultra I paid for to be delivered. That will, at least, stop me from coveting other cards just because I haven't got mine yet! :D

Associate
My Gigabyte 480 SOC (super overoptimistic overclock) is the only GPU that has ever failed on me in all my years of PC gaming. I do miss it though, it would heat the upstairs of my house in winter.

Soldato
Had bad experiences with gigabyte over the years.
Starting with a top of the line mobo that gigabyte stopped producing update bios half way through its lifespan and made it eol.
Whilst all other mobo manufacturers continued to support making me unable to upgrade my CPU. And this wasn't their bottom end mobo but their flagship. Still makes my blood boil that does.

Next up was a gfx card Rx 480. Gigabyte G1 which used to overheat like crazy. Until I took it apart and saw that it was assembled by a monkey . **** thermal pasta no right thickness pads etc. So I had to by a new cooler from artic just to keep it going.

At that point I decided no more gigabyte for me. I was done with this company.
rocking a gigabyte RTX2070S windforce OC. one of the best cooler and coolest temp 2070s. no issues here.

tho i dont deny that gigabyte mobo do seem to have some issues historically and ongoing.

Back
Top Bottom