Have you had any damage from Storm Arwen?

Associate
Not from Arwen, but this latest one has just blown my christmas decorations around the garden, i'm hoping the rest of the stuff is still there tomorrow

Soldato
Not sure what pet name this new storm has but it's given my neighbour an early Christmas gift from me. Luckily he is a lovely chap and has taken this new wooden gift in the same spirit as a much larger gift of four wooden toys a few years ago.

Unluckily he's an ex Mc.Laren carbon composites engineer, now working independently, so wood is not his thing... The wind seems to have died down now, but who knows if it was just a prelude of what tonight has in store?

carl.png

Thats a lot of firewood for the burner if nothing else.

Bloody miserable here today so dark it was hardly worth drawing the curtains and plenty of wind and rain.

Caporegime
there's still fallen trees around my area.
unless they are on the road it seems they got ignored even if they block a path etc.

I noticed one tree completely crushed a big green box in the street lol...

the box is around 4-5ft tall about 3 ft feet wide. I could always hear the sound of a fan coming from it whenever I walked past

is it a BT box? cos I'm with virgin and my internet never went down

the box is still just laying on it's side like half crushed lol, maybe it still works :D

Caporegime
Down here is south wales its been windy but not too bad. The current storm B... Is coming in from typical direction.
The arwen storm came from the north. Very unusual.
And that produced more damage.in the oaks. In the garden.

But the most damage here was when the storm we had a few months ago that came in from the east. Knocked a 10 inch thick branch from the oak. I had to buy a chainsaw to sort it. The trees aren't used to that.

Only damage from this storm are my. Chickens got disturbed because thier housing was lifted.

Neighbours have a wooden fence (I have a metal fence) and thiers is down across 3 Gardens.

Those pics of the lighthouse are amazing

Soldato
I was really hoping my trees would be blown down.

Really disappointed they still stand tbh.

I want to build on my land, but can't due to iron clad TPO orders on all my trees.. even though, most have started the Rot internally and one fell on a person's log cabin 2 years back.

But noooooo not allowed to chop them down, they have to fall down naturally... sigh

Back
Top Bottom