1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a leather jacket relined

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Tefal, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Hey, so my old second hand leather jacket (seriously no idea how old the thing actually is) is really starting to fail in the lining/pockets.

Pockets have been sew up so many times inside theyre now tiny and the linind is fraying agsin.

And ive recently changed the armour so the pouches for them could do with adjusting.

Anyone know a place i could take it to get it relined/maybe some new zippers etc.

Also do you think it would be possible to have one of the waterproof membranes fitted or you think that sould be beyond them? (Goretex/hitech/whatever other brand sells membrane)

2. ttaskmaster

Suspended

I know of places, but none near you and all are comparatively expensive.
    Best leather refurb places are either Hideout up near Saffron Walden, or Lizzie at 331 on Garratt Lane, Wandsworth.

3. tom_e

Man of Honour

By the time you've added the cost of new lining, new zips and a waterproof membrane it'll be cheaper buying a new jacket.

4. IC3

Sgarrista

This, you've a much better excuse to buy something than I usually do too! :p

RST Have some leather jackets with all the armour, back protector, arm and elbow protectors. for around 160-170 squids.

5. wazza300

Caporegime

Rst, real ****** textiles

Could buy a roll of lining material of the bay and find a willing Nana to whiz it through her sewing machine?