having issue with my new pc build no boot and no error code on MB?

Associate
hi all just put me new pc together and its not posting the red light pops up for a sec the code light and no error code on the litle screen no display the fans start for a sec like the light but stop the psu fan don't start eva or my EK Pump the only thing that starts up is the RGB on ram

anyone got any ideas for where i can start?

spec:

MSI z690 ace
16GB 6000Mhz 2 sticks for 32gb

Inno3D GeForce RTX 4080 iChill Frostbite 16GB​

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Velocity²​

Corsair RM850x 850W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Gold​

i have the bios fully up todate

Last edited:
Soldato
Could it be a short? I would try removing all the case USB headers as well in case your case has a mangled port (I have seen this behaviour before)

edit: apologies for too many uses of the word "case"

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Could it be a short? I would try removing all the case USB headers as well in case your case has a mangled port (I have seen this behaviour before)

ok dident think of that will try be for i try removeing lots of cables lol also got a 2nd power supliy that is the same as one i'm useing so will try that as well

Associate
OP

ok made abit of progress tryed the other the other power supliy and my RGB lighted up on pump i only had the atx and cpu power conected on the other power suply

Associate
OP
more progress i unpluged 1 cable out PSU at a time and when i got too one thats iva molex or sata evey thing booted, could sum thing be on there on chin or do you think its cable it self ? is there a way to tell if a cable is sata or molex by looking at the end on side of psu?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sata end is shaped like the letter "L.
Molex has 3 PINs inside. Glad to hear you're making progress.
it was the molex thanks my

Aqua Computer QUADRO PWM Fan Controller that i needed for loop temp 2 pin port was making it happen once unplug it booted ive noice that my fans are not starting still tho but get pc too boot in windows so thats good lol​

ive got

Lian-Li UNI SL120
and

Lian-Li UNI SL140
and

Lian-Li SL UNI FAN Lconnect 2.0 controller​

Associate
OP
ok fix the Aqua Computer QUADRO PWM Fan Controller i think one of pins were bent thin k that was doing it, and fix a strange flicking of RGB i have groups of

2 lian li uni sl120 v1
4 lian li uni sl120 v1
4 lian li uni sl120 v1
3 lian li uni sl120 v1
3 lian li uni sl120 v1
3 lian li uni sl120 v1
1 lian li uni sl140 v1

only 1 of the 3s and the 140 starts spining at mo

so i'm trying fans on there own and the 3 of try so far have worked i'm testing useing another psu at mo with jumper and a pwm to sata cable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom