Having Rift further away form eyes

Associate
Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to have my rift a little bit further away from my eyes when it's on my head. If I pull the rift with my hands about 1 cm more away then I find the picture more clear, this could be to do with me wearing multi focal contact lenses than an issue with the rift. I can't get the same setting by changing the focal length.

Anyone made a mod to do this sort of thing themselves or have any solutions for me?

Taff

Associate
Have you got the distance between the lenses set correct?

Just to be clear, I understand your thinking about distance buy I'm just wanting to check the basics first

Associate
OP
Hi

Yes have adjusted the ipd, and can only get it some way to were I like it. If I then move the headset a little further away from my eyes by pulling it I get a much clearer picture

Soldato
could try buying a gearvr rim cushion and add it to the rift cushion to push the HMD further away from your face. The further you do that though the more it will look like you're looking through a periscope as the peripheral vision is lowered.

Soldato
When I bought a cloth cover for my Hive it came with two so you could possible fit both at once. Alternatively cut some thin foam to the goggle shape and fit it under one of the cloth covers to bulk it out.

vrcover.com

*** EDIT Ahh they do thicker foam pads already :)

Soldato
An easy solution, take your thumbs and press them into your eyes as hard as you can, you should hear a pop if you do it right. Voila your eyes are now a few cms further into your skull, no need to mess with the rift at all. To reverse the "mod" just sneeze with your eyes open. No need to thank me. ;)

Associate
danoliver1;30490976 said:
An easy solution, take your thumbs and press them into your eyes as hard as you can, you should hear a pop if you do it right. Voila your eyes are now a few cms further into your skull, no need to mess with the rift at all. To reverse the "mod" just sneeze with your eyes open. No need to thank me. ;)

Hahahahahahahahaha hehehehehehehehe lol :D

Associate
danoliver1;30490976 said:

Instructions not clear, thumbs now stuck in skull :p

Associate
OP
bimbleuk;30490948 said:
When I bought a cloth cover for my Hive it came with two so you could possible fit both at once. Alternatively cut some thin foam to the goggle shape and fit it under one of the cloth covers to bulk it out.

vrcover.com

*** EDIT Ahh they do thicker foam pads already :)

cheers, will look into this, spent an evening playing VR games yesterday and it's definitely better a few more cm's from the eyes.

love the other suggestions guys

Associate

Rygfvhyddvghhffgghjgdd

Edit: I had to ask a friend to type this. I tried your advice, but now I can't even see my phone.

Back
Top Bottom