Having trouble bleeding my loop

Permabanned
So I recently built a new loop and i'm having trouble shifting a huge bubble that's trapped in the tubing that comes from the CPU block into the top radiator. The bubble goes into the rad when the pump is on but I don't think it goes far as when you turn it off and lay the system on it's side it comes back out again. This is making the system unable to play games as the GPU temp just rises and rises until the GPU cuts out but the system is still running.
I've tried tilting in every direction but it just won't move. So I thought I would just drain the loop and try again, but the loop won't drain.
I've attached a drain port to the inlet of the pump, when I open the tap all it does is empty the reservoir and that's it.

My loop order is as follows res/pump > GPU > CPU > top rad > front rad > res/pump

Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Associate
Manually set your pump to 100% in bios with the cap off your res and it should work it's way out pretty quick. Giving a rock in all directions will help too.

What pump are you using?

Permabanned
OP
Well I've had another bash at it today, it was like open heart surgery with a filled loop though, I've switched the order to res/pump > front rad > top rad > CPU > GPU > res/pump.
Is was a lot easier to bleed this way and I have no big bubbles in there now. GPU still starts to overheat though, but I've only done it in the past hour so maybe give it time? or do you think the GPU block
isn't mounted properly? It's idling at 22c but quickly shoots up to 60C+ before I bottle it and shut the game down,This is a game where in the previous water loop only hit 35-40C max.

Soldato
By the sound of things you need to move one of the fittings on your GPU block. The water needs to be pushed through the block from one end to the other. You need to use both ports left and right, whether at the front or back.

Permabanned
OP
I do have front and back fittings tubing come from the CPU into the GPU at the back then from the front into the res/pump.
I think i'm going to have to just drain it all again best I can and remove the GPU, then try to remove the water block, which will be hard as I've rounded a screw on the backplate (top left corner)
The try and unscrew the waterblock screws, which wouldn't budge last time I tried, I was only starting to round off those screws as well.

Soldato
Oh, that sounds a bit of a nightmare. If you have any elastic bands kicking around put it over the screwhead and then push the screwdriver into the rubber, should help get them out. Might be worth ordering another set of screws and holding off until they arrive.

I’m not sure how you have the front rad mounted, but if you can mount it with the fittings at the top, bleeding the air out will be really easy. If it’s rotated upside down, you create a pocket of air at the top which is a real pain to bleed.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah I've contacted EK and it'll be 22p a screw....plus shipping
Yeah i'm really peed off at the moment with it all, I waited so long to get my View 71 case, which looks lovely btw, and it's just not going to plan.
I have an XSPC crossflow 360 at the front and an RX360 up top.

Permabanned
OP
I've only rounded the one screw on the backplate, it's in the corner so I managed to swivel the backplate round to give me access to the waterblock screws, but they were solid and wouldn't budge, I tried one of the 4 around the GPU core and it moved a little but not much, So I gave up and just turned it back again.
I think I might have warped the backplate slightly but it looks flat.

Back
Top Bottom