1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice
  3. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

HD 6850 For HTPC??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by KCartlidge, 16 Dec 2010.

1. KCartlidge

Associate

Hi does anyone have this card:rolleyes:, will it be any good for my HTPC build?

i3 560
    Zotac WiFi Mobo
    1TB Western Digital HDD
    OCZ 60GB Vertex 2 SSD
    OCZ Platinum 1333Mhz 4GB
    OCZ 600w PSU
    LG Blu Ray RW

:D I like OCZ, can you tell!!

2. pingu666

Wise Guy

if your just doing media stuff, then itll be overpowered, plus some htpc cases are cramped. if your not gonna game, id say go for a midrange, passive gfx card :)

3. Yakyb

Gangster

what software are you running on your HTPC

4. KCartlidge

Associate

I will be gaming a little, i only play COD, and L4D2, i wasnt really a gamer but
    I want it basically to get into PC gaming....

5. ssmacc

Mobster

What res?

6. pingu666

Wise Guy

if you want to game some, then yeah a proper mid/high end card would be much better :)

7. ssmacc

Mobster

I bought a ATI single slot 5750 for my HTPC, can't hear it and i was shocked at how could L4D2 ran on it (and thats on a 1080p 100" projector), i suppose if i had the room (in the HTPC) i might have gone for a better card, but for the amount of gaming i do on the HTPC i'm pleased with the 5750.