• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD 7890 OcUK availability

Caporegime
OP
Looks like only Club3D, PowerColor and VTX (same parent company) are releasing cards based on the 7890 chip.

Everyone else has decided not to make cards featuring "Tahiti LE". I can't remember another GPU that has been totally ignored/snubbed by card makers!

So this was a bit of a non-story, it seems. Either buy 7950 or wait for next gen.

Soldato
http://hardocp.com/article/2012/11/12/fall_2012_gpu_driver_comparison_roundup/3

Go get one :p

1352691741F74TQBhKZT_3_5_l.png

Wow, I didn't realise the 7950 spanked the 660ti that hard in BF3.

Associate
Without doubt, the worst launch I've ever seen.

I would at least expect the sites spamming all over the net (plagerizing one another) 'Official AMD launch on the 27th' to retract or update their crap spamm.

Caporegime

I would at least expect the sites spamming all over the net (plagerizing one another) 'Official AMD launch on the 27th' to retract or update their crap spamm.

It's not the first or the last time for one of these "Launches"

5830 originally was pretty much the same.

The rumoured 6930 I can't even recall if that ever launched :p

Caporegime
OP

No such card.

The chips shall be put on 7870 cards and anyone who gets one will just be lucky.

Club3D, VTX and PowerColor have (apparently) all launched "special" versions of their 7870 range which contain Tahiti LE "7890" chips.

So it doesn't seem that it will be a lottery.

The Club3D version was called the "Joker" edition or something. Seemed to me when I read the article that if you bought one you got a 7890 100% guaranteed?

But there are no reviews yet, and I'm not going to buy a card from either of those brands anyhow :p

Back
Top Bottom