HD DVD Player

Associate
yes.

dude for an "idea" download some 720p trailers and watch them on your pc.

Then imagine them on a properly calibrated TV at a larger screen size and how awesome they would look then.

at £130 its hardly the end of the world either.

Soldato
Yes it definately worth it. Especially if you have a big screen. :D

I have a few HD-DVD's now and have been more than impressed with all of them. I don't know what the situation is like now for stock but you will be hard pushed to find one in the UK.

Although have just checked the status of one large retailer and they have limited stock across the country.

But it certainly is well worth the investment.

Caporegime
I have just got King Kong and watched a snippet of the middle where they are in the jungle. Amazing quality. You can even see a tiny little dragonfly thing picking bits out of one of the V-rex's teeth. You would never have spotted that on DVD, I'm sure.

The only gripe I have is that there is no way to zoom in to the picture. I hate the black bars - I prefer to watch my films in a 16:9 ratio. The 360 doesn't seem to be able to zoom like that. There are supposedly advanced functions which you get by pressing LT + A,B,X,Y but they don't seem to work on King Kong.

Soldato
blueshift said:
Can any owners tel me if the improvement in image quality,, justifies a buy

You will definatly see a massive improvement in image quality and sound to if you have the correct setup.

Once you have watched some HD DVDS you will not want to go back to watching sd dvds well thats what i felt anyway.

Back
Top Bottom