HD Video Demos

Soldato
Is there anywhere that hosts downloadable small HD videos purely for a Demo. When I get my HDTV I'd like to see what HD is like on it and I thought a good way to do this would be hook it up to my PC so I can get an idea of how good HD videos and TV will look.

Last edited:
Don
great stuff

my 42 inch panny arrives tomorrow

what is the best way to play these on to my TV ( sorry for being dim )

I could move my main pc to the TV at a push but it would be tricky , also have a laptop if I could use that

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
What can your laptop do res-wise to a second monitor?

Basically you want to set your PC to output whatever the native res of your screen is then simply play those video clips full screen.

Associate
WatchTower said:
Is there anywhere that hosts downloadable small HD videos purely for a Demo. When I get my HDTV I'd like to see what HD is like on it and I thought a good way to do this would be hook it up to my PC so I can get an idea of how good HD videos and TV will look.

Why don't you copy the HD demo's onto a DVD disc or similar and view them on your TV via a DVD player? :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Because it won't work.

You'll either have a) incompatible files or b) have to re-encode all the video to DVD format which would no longer be HD.

There are a few DVD players around that would let you burn stuff like those clips onto disc and play them back, if you had one you'd know.

Back
Top Bottom