HD555

Associate
So I got some money to burn and wanted to know what people know about these headphones! Just need some honest opinions before I consider buying them.

Cheers Guys rooks...

Soldato
I take it these have a good mic?

Also I have the Medusa 5.1 and the interferance from my cordless house phone and mobile is very annoying, do you guys still get this with the 555's?

I have an XFi Xtreme music so I would imagine this is a good combo for gaming and a bit of music!

Associate
tweakinfreak said:
I take it these have a good mic?

Also I have the Medusa 5.1 and the interferance from my cordless house phone and mobile is very annoying, do you guys still get this with the 555's?

I have an XFi Xtreme music so I would imagine this is a good combo for gaming and a bit of music!

IIRC they don't have a mic, they're just headphones...

Soldato
Not a big talker while i game anyways....lol

So that maybe a blessing in disguise, the real swing is that ppl rate these over the 5.1 Medusa and mine are ******* me off atm so I may just invest in a set....

Anyone that games CSS, COD2, BF2 like to comment?? :)

Soldato
Lonz said:
I'm yet to be impressed with surround sound headphones in general.

If its not the hissing it's my house/mobile buzzing in my ear while I'm trying to creep around a map in stealth mode...lol can't hear myself think :(

I'm going to order a set next week but just wanted someone who owned a set to express their thoughts on them from a gaming perspective!

Associate
Well I own a set of surround sound headphones and I'm not impressed. Thats not to say other aren't better, I just don't think you can reproduce the right effect at such a short range.

Soldato
Lonz said:
Well I own a set of surround sound headphones and I'm not impressed. Thats not to say other aren't better, I just don't think you can reproduce the right effect at such a short range.

HD555's aren't sold as surround sound though? Or is that not your point?

If they are as good as I hear (pardon the pun) then Medusa can poco loco and I'll try these bad boys out!

Associate
I'm just saying be wary of the surround sound headphones, I don't think the HD555s are. But you mentioned the Medusas which I don't think are as good as the real thing. (speakers)

Soldato
Lonz said:
I'm just saying be wary of the surround sound headphones, I don't think the HD555s are. But you mentioned the Medusas which I don't think are as good as the real thing. (speakers)

Ah yea I agree mate, but Medusa's are supposed to be gaming headphones, and with a 5 month old and one on the way :D speakers are out the window for the moment!!

Back
Top Bottom