• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HDCP/VGA to Plasma

Soldato
Hello chaps...

I have a 42" Toshiba Plasma screen and I was gonna try playing about with my PC on it tonight (to see what Oblivion looks like etc). Using an X1950XT with HDCP thingy ma bobbies on board :cool:

It is set at 1024*768 but has processors that work really well at taking in a 1080p signal and make it look pretty on that resolution. Now I am wondering... it only has HDMI and a VGA (NOT a DVI port) inputs on it, so how should I try and run it and at what resolution?

For example should I:
1) Use VGA input and set to 1024*768
2) Use DVI to HDMI (need to buy one) cable and try get my HDCP x1950xt card to try and push out a HD signal (at what res?)
3) use the DVI to HDMI and set to 1024*768?

If anyone has experience of this with plasma's or the Panasonic Viera 42" TH-42PX70PED then that would be awesome.

Specs:
1080p Digital Processing Chip-Set
1080p Digital Re-Mastering Processor
3,072 Equivalent Steps of Graduation
Max. 10,000 : 1 Contrast
Digital Optimizer
Sub-Pixel Controller
Receiving System: PAL -I, DVB
AV-NTSC: PAL-525/60, NTSC, M-NTSC
Display:
Screen Size / Screen Aspect: 42 inch (106 cm) diagonal
Panel: G10 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
Number of Pixels: 786,432 (1,024 x 768) pixels
Applicable PC Signals: XGA (SXGA compressed)
Displayable Colours: Max 29 billion equavalent colours for darker part
Contrast Ratio: Max. 10,000:1
Terminals:
HDMI: 2
PC Input: Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear)
Audio Input (for PC): RCA phono type connectors (L, R) (1 set, rear)
Component Video Input: RCA phono type x 3 (Y , PB, PR) (rear)
Audio Input (for Component Video): RCA phono type connectors (L, R) (1 set, rear)
Audio Output: RCA phono type connectors (L, R) (1 set rear), Headphone jack (1 front: with Audio Description)

Matthew

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

i have the same card and use dvi to hdmi... (have to use the speakers from your pc)

on my 32" hdtv at 1080i/p and it works great.

:)

no point using the vga to hdmi as it gives a crap quality compared to dvi to hdmi :)

p.s. i can't remember what res but if you go on monitor properties you can play it at the top setting :) just be aware that a plasma will have a rate of over 8m/s so you may see a bit of ghosting in games but not a lot unless you are playing with intense fire.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ok, time to get a dvi to hdmi cable then :)

Will try playing with vga to vga for the moment as that's all i have.

Best have a play with all this before my wife gets back from the states lol. Strict no PC except in the office/computer room rule lol.

Matthew

Back
Top Bottom