HDD Backup software needed.

Associate
I have a 1TB ssd that I want backed up in case something happens to the drive. There is 380GB used on the drive.

1. There a few options for this (they seem to clone the drive), Acronis etc, but are they good and can you rely on them?
2. Windows 10 can backup files from one drive to another, is 3rd party software better than this?
3. Is automatic cloning vs automatic file backup better in your experience?

I dont mind buying software if needed to make sure my data is safe. Ive never done anything like this before other than manually copying files from one hard drive to another to back them up.

Thanks if you can help.

Associate
OP
I use Macrium Reflect to automatically image my drives every evening (full on Sunday, differential during the week). It works okay for me.

From your experience how long does it take roughly and can you still use the computer when its doing this? I could just turn the computer on when im not using anyway to let it do its thing I suppose.

Thanks btw.. that looks like what im after :)

Soldato
You can use the computer while it's imaging. How you set the priority and compression level options will affect how noticeable it is.

My backups (SSD to HDD) basically max out the write speed of the HDD (WDC Red).

Associate
OP
Yeah well this software does seem to be very good. Might even get away with the free version of this. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Back
Top Bottom