HDMI Cable splitter?

Soldato
My 970 seems to spaz out having more than one connection as I use my 1080p monitor for day to day use but then my 50inch 4k tv for streaming films etc. I'm wondering if there is a hdmi splitter that I could use, instead of needing a hdmi to dvi converter as I've only one hdmi port, one which supports 4k that could be best.

What would you guys recommend?

Associate
Do you have both DVI and HDMI on GFX card?

HDMI to TV
DVI to HDMI cable (cheap as chips) to 1080p monitor.

When I run triples I have one on HDMI, one on displayport to HDMI and the other on DVI to HDMI, they all looked the same.

Soldato
OP
Thank you for replying mate but as I said in the OP my 970 doesn't seem to like having multiple connections between my TV and Monitor, I may be doing something wrong but it messes up the resolutions etc and requires a reboot to be able to actually get the card to pick up the monitor again. I'm thinking a splitter may be the answer here.

Soldato
A splitter won't work as all it would do is mirror the displays and you will be limited to the screen with the smallest resolution/refresh rate.

Which 970 is it and what sort of DVI/HDMI converter are you using? Does the 970 have Displayport as there's plenty of DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapters for 4K.

Associate
Erm yes, go on on to ebay and check out HDMI splitters. Most of them are the wrong type, they are multiple in with single out, but there are some with single in and multiple out. No idea whether they are any good, never tried one, but they are cheap so probably worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom