HDMI Splitting options

Associate
Hi all

I've recently moved house and have two TV's in one room that I'm looking to link up to three sources, however one TV has multiple HDMI inputs, whereas the other has only one.

My aim is to link up all three sources to both TV's, so that I can choose between sources on each TV at will. One TV is older, so the quality is average, however the other multiple port TV is 4K. *Edit - I've seen that I would need a downscaler, although I can't tell if that's needed when using a 4 in 4 out, or a matrix.

I want to try to avoid having one HDMI cable from a splitter to the multiple source TV, as I have quite specific TV settings for each source.

So I assume my options are as follows -

Option 1 - A 4 in, 4 out HDMI splitter. 3 HDMI's to the multiple source TV, then the last to my single source TV. Seem's easy enough, however I can't seem to find a cheap model.

Option 2 - Use two way splitters for each source. One to the multiple for each, then the other three to a 3 in 1 out HDMI splitter for the single TV.

I'm not sure if there are better options out there that I haven't though of. But any advice would be really welcome.

(Apologies if I'm using the wrong 'splitter' terminology. It seems to be used for both mirroring or 'switching' between sources.)

If you do think one of the options is sound, then any advice on which specific splitters to purchase would be really helpful!

Thanks

Todd

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So I think I may have over complicated matters, and can settle with a HDMI splitter for just the Virgin.

My only issue is the resolution will drop on the 4K I assume. Does anyone know if the HDMI switches (one output at a time) will match the correct resolution of the TV it's outputting to?

If not, do I need a down scaler to prevent the resolution dropping? Anyone had any experience with either and can recommend anything?

Thanks again

Todd

Back
Top Bottom