He can't say I didn't warn him...

Permabanned
People never get the fact that a windows Laptop with the same spec as a Apple Mac is a third of the processing power of a Mac.

Hahaha, wow, such idiocy.

My MacBook is great but what you're saying is utterly idiotic. If I switch between Windows 7 and OS X on my MacBook to say, browse the web, listen to music, they pretty much do it exactly the same with the same performance.

Oh you Apple fans, so funny.

If you wanted a Laptop running windows to run as well and be able to do what a Mac can do then you can double every componant in the laptop CPU, RAM, Video etc etc then how much would the windows laptop cost.

NO. You could install OS X on a 'windows' laptop (hackintosh) and bar some driver issues that might occur it'd run fine.

How can people become such idiotic fanboys? I don't understand, when did you lose all your logic?

I'm not even going to bother replying further after seeing that shocking display of idiocy.

Last edited:
Associate
Hahaha, wow, such idiocy.

My MacBook is great but what you're saying is utterly idiotic. If I switch between Windows 7 and OS X on my MacBook to say, browse the web, listen to music, they pretty much do it exactly the same with the same performance.

Oh you Apple fans, so funny.

NO. You could install OS X on a 'windows' laptop (hackintosh) and bar some driver issues that might occur it'd run fine.

How can people become such idiotic fanboys? I don't understand, when did you lose all your logic?

I'm not even going to bother replying further after seeing that shocking display of idiocy.

I have fallen victim to, I have over 16,000 post so I have free will to be abusive, do you wear a mask as well when being a keyboard warrior.

I did write a long reply but deleted it im not going to be draw into a name calling flaming match again about apple Mac`s and Windows Laptops. Im no way a fan boy I just get it and you abviously dont.
I will defend myself as being a idiot and no logic as that just bang out of order. Just to say that running like for like windows dose work harder to do less and leave the componants over worked for what they do. Even listening to music and browsing. OSX is way way more efficient and leaves a lot more componant head room to do demanding task faster then a windows laptop. If you need to which most MAC buyers do as they are used a lot as media tools. Editing movies making music and editing photos. Just look at battery life, where do you think all the charge gose when running windows compared to doing the same things on a MAC.............................. Thin Air?

Check my post in my profile I joined this forum as my wife wanted a MBP but i couldnt justify the expence. I came for advice, got it, considerd, bought and if I wasnt a gamer I would buy one myself. Not a fanboy by any means just a Members of the Apple and there products arnt that bad if a bit over priced,club.

My time here is done if thats the type of post I get from seasoned members of this forum. Idiotic i am not. poor speller may be.

Last edited:
Associate
Granted MAC's are generally well build in comparison to the average windows laptop of the same price. The average Joe does not need a Mac/mac price range laptop to get a satisfactory computing experience.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have fallen victim to, I have over 16,000 post so I have free will to be abusive, do you wear a mask as well when being a keyboard warrior.

I did write a long reply but deleted it im not going to be draw into a name calling flaming match again about apple Mac`s and Windows Laptops. Im no way a fan boy I just get it and you abviously dont.
I will defend myself as being a idiot and no logic as that just bang out of order. Just to say that running like for like windows dose work harder to do less and leave the componants over worked for what they do. Even listening to music and browsing. OSX is way way more efficient and leaves a lot more componant head room to do demanding task faster then a windows laptop. If you need to which most MAC buyers do as they are used a lot as media tools. Editing movies making music and editing photos. Just look at battery life, where do you think all the charge gose when running windows compared to doing the same things on a MAC.............................. Thin Air?

Check my post in my profile I joined this forum as my wife wanted a MBP but i couldnt justify the expence. I came for advice, got it, considerd, bought and if I wasnt a gamer I would buy one myself. Not a fanboy by any means just a Members of the Apple and there products arnt that bad if a bit over priced,club.

My time here is done if thats the type of post I get from seasoned members of this forum. Idiotic i am not. poor speller may be.

Never assume that someones post count bares any relevance to their intellect or contributions to the forums.

Soldato
Windows 7 needs 2gb of RAM just to run and be able to use programs to any usable state

Oh heck! and there's me been running W7 on my 6 year old Dell Laptop with 1.25gig of RAM and full Aero for the last year. What's even worse all the programs are running fine too. Should I stop using it? :rolleyes:

Where do some of you guys get your info from?

Permabanned

I think it was more the fact your original post was absolute nonsense that irked Margaret. Your last post (the one I've quoted) is even more nonsensical. But I would like it if you could point me in the direction of comparative efficiency results between OS X and Windows on exactly the same hardware.

I mean, we all know that OS X sucks for gaming and you boot into Windows for gaming as games perform better under Windows. But thats because until recently OS X was still using horribly outdated OpenGL libraries.

Soldato
I buy my Apple computers for the OS not the machine

That might have been a valid reason prior to W7 being released but not any longer. I run a Mac and a W7 PC and I don't consider there's a Rizla between the two OS's.

Soldato
Indeed, Windows 7 is good, but OS X just has the edge in everything being integrated, which is the one of the many things I love about OS X.

I sold my PC a while ago yet I still miss Windows 7, it is a very good OS.

Soldato
Indeed, Windows 7 is good, but OS X just has the edge in everything being integrated, which is the one of the many things I love about OS X.

I sold my PC a while ago yet I still miss Windows 7, it is a very good OS.

If you look at the myriad of hardware/software configurations on a Windows PC I consider it testament to just how good Windows 7 is. OS X has only one configuration to worry about and given it's all "in house" has a far easier task.

I was listening to an interview with Eugene Kaspersky the other week who said that Windows is no less secure by design than any other OS out there including OS X, it was all down to market share why Windows is targeted relentlessly.

Soldato
Say that in a couple of weeks when Lion is out.

What and MS are just going to sit there and do nothing? W8 is now well advanced. There is always going to be this sort of competition which is good for the consumer.

I think the only item I would place on an Apple wish list at present is an update to the Mini. I have seen the Mini in use a number of times at friends houses and am always impressed though it does need a bit more grunt and a larger HD as standard. I don't think I'll ever fall in love with my iMac as the mirror screen and small size (21.5") just detract from the product to much. With the Mini I could choose my own monitor keyboard and mouse which I'd much prefer to do.

Last edited:
Permabanned
and the standard of hardware certainly helps.

Intel processors. Intel chipsets. Nvidia or AMD graphics. Foxconn produce the PCBs and the gubbins fitted to those. Samsung flash storage in Airs, maybe Hitachi or whoever is supplying the HDDs in everything else. The underlying hardware is no different from any other computer. Only the chassis, fit and finish is custom.

Apple is a business and profits are all that matter. Sure there will be quality standards they have to match or surpass. But whoever got the production gig (usually Foxconn, older Apple used Asus) did so by providing the lowest cost production quote to a standard that Apple was happy with.

Let's not kid ourselves that the internals of an Apple product are made from rainbows, wishes and magic. No matter how much Steve Jobs might proclaim parts of their range are.

Soldato
I'm sorry to say but it seems that Apple's service is getting worse.

My Iphone 4 died the other day mysteriously whilst navigating me around the US in it's tomtom cradle. I booked a Genius appt at the local Apple store here. When I got there I explained to the Genius that my iPhone would not restore using iTunes and he took it to the back to restore it. He comes out 2 minutes later telling me that my phone is water damaged and $200 with a 5 day wait for a new iPhone. He turns his light on and shows me the dock connector with 'corrosion.' I took the phone home and removed the 'corrosion' which turned out to be no more than fluff.

I contacted Apple in the UK, they have booked a Genius appt and pre-ordered a new phone for me and are willing to replace mine FOC.

Shocking service in the US, not what I have become accustomed to with Apple.

Associate
You get good and bad customer service experiences for every company. How you are treated can be dependent on a whole bunch of factors.

The iPhone moisture sensor thing is a known frustration point for a lot of people, and I think it's probably something Apple should look at. I'd guess anyone who's ever answered their iPhone in the rain has set the thing off.

Back
Top Bottom