Headphone spec request (please)

Soldato
I'm looking for some decent cans to use for movie/cinema experience. I already use a set of AKG K702 for gaming (and really enjoy the sound from them) but thinking they're not really suited for cinema sound?

They don't have to be wireless as I don't mind running a 3.5mm cable if there's an advantage to be had, whether it's price or performance.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
OP
Should be.

How are you getting on with them btw, assuming they've arrived?

First impressions are good although I haven't really had a chance to use them much yet. I've had a bit of a faff today trying to get my setup right as I'm using them for gaming and also watching movies on my LG CX48. The Bluetooth option results in audio lag with the LG, so I've now set it up to the PC with the USB cable and linked the LG to the PC with the headphone 3.5mm from the TV to line in on the PC.

I'll get a proper go with them over the weekend. :)

Also, I don't know if you got yours yet, but the software allows you to get your head size. And it also lets you select the amount of reverb you want. Both these options make a difference to the sound.

Cheers, I'll get a play around with that.

Soldato
OP
For the audio lag did you try playing with Audio Delay settings on the TV? I think either enabling or disabling the bypass option solves the lag problem with Bluetooth.

That option is greyed out when I have the headphones paired to the TV. It's strange, because sometimes it's synced fine. Maybe I just need to disconnect and reconnect when it's laggy.. I'll persevere with it.

I'm enjoying the sound quality by the way, really good. :)

Back
Top Bottom