Headphone suggestion ~£40

Associate
Hi all

Im buying a leaving present for a co worker, thinking of getting him some headphones. Thikning some over-ear ones, can push the budget to 50 ish.

Any suggestions, decent build quality and decent bass!

Thanks

Soldato
Don't know about availability in UK, but Superluxes are very good for their price.

If you had some kind use in mind that could be used to narrow down choises.
(like closed design for portable use)

Associate
@PapaLazaru I bought a pair of these (previous version) and have loved them, on your recommendation I think. How do they compare to your HD650s? Or maybe that's an unfair comparison :D Do they sound a lot better running off a DAC/Amp? Do you have a SS out of curiosity?

I was thinking of selling the Aurvana Live's but there's something to be said for feeling comfortable chucking them in a backpack or walking through a bit of drizzle. Neither of which I'd want a pair of HD650s experiencing!

Soldato
@PapaLazaru I bought a pair of these (previous version) and have loved them, on your recommendation I think. How do they compare to your HD650s? Or maybe that's an unfair comparison :D Do they sound a lot better running off a DAC/Amp? Do you have a SS out of curiosity?

I was thinking of selling the Aurvana Live's but there's something to be said for feeling comfortable chucking them in a backpack or walking through a bit of drizzle. Neither of which I'd want a pair of HD650s experiencing!

Glad you like them if it was my recommendation, they were my first what I would call 'proper' headphones, they really are excellent for the price! The 650's to be fair are in a different league but they are not portable at all and they do need a decent amp to drive them, unlike the Aurvana's, which happily run off anything.

Depends on what you want to spend really, I am running mine off a Marantz HD-DAC 1, but it's not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom