Headphones recommendation please.

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking for a decent set of headphones for when I'm in work, ones that I can play as loud as I like but other people in the office can't hear the music.
Not gonna be using them gaming or the like so don't need them to have a microphone.

I would like a headphones with really good bass if thats poss, price wise I suppose max £50-60. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Storm

Associate
I've got a set of Shure headphones...knocked me back about 40 squid.

Took a week to get used to, but now they sit nice and comfy and block out all external noise!! Which is great for the office or long train/flight.

Sound quality is great - though bass is slightly lacking depending on source.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

I found someone in work who had a pair of Sennheiser PX 200. He let me try them and they sounded good, but the bass was a little lacking.

The great thing was I had them up blasting and the guy that works 5ft away from me in the office couldn't hear anything.

For £30 though, seems a bargain.

I'll have a look at some reviews for the others mentioned here.

Associate
The Audio Technica is probably is only moderately known outside Japan, and you may need to import them. But they do sound good, and they fit your budget. You could read more about them by searching on Head-Fi.org.

Soldato
Storm said:
Thanks for the replies.

I found someone in work who had a pair of Sennheiser PX 200. He let me try them and they sounded good, but the bass was a little lacking.

The great thing was I had them up blasting and the guy that works 5ft away from me in the office couldn't hear anything.

For £30 though, seems a bargain.

I'll have a look at some reviews for the others mentioned here.

The PX100s are the open version of the PX200s and are much better in the bass area - but sadly they're no good for the OP really as they leak sound out all over everywhere, it's really jolly messy.

Back
Top Bottom