Heads up - Custom PC free issue for relaunch.

Soldato
I still buy the Web User magazine. Mainly because I haven't got time to search through websites looking for new programs that are safe to use.... and it makes good reading while sat on the throne :D

I remember WHSmiths as a kid, buying Commodore 64 magazines, then Amiga Format and others, then eventually PC Format. Hmm was there a magazine called PC User too?

Eventually magazines got to expensive to buy. I remember when they were £1.99.. so with my pocket money I could afford a couple of magazines per month. Then they started getting to £4.99, and now it seems £5.99.

Do they still have CD's stuck to the front or have they done away with them these days?

Soldato
I still subscribe to PC Pro. Back in the day, PC Zone was the best gaming mag to get and still is. The days when demos of Duke Nukem and Quake were released on the attached CDs were glorious!

EDIT: I got my free copy of Custom PC so thanks to the OP. Enjoyed reading it too as it’s improved since I last read it a year or so ago. Informative and interesting. Plus I prefer paper to screen...

Soldato
Used to buy micro mart all the time but eventually the internet became a much better place for the content and had zero cost.

I used to buy Micro Mart almost every week & the Newsagent made sure he had a copy on a Friday. I quite liked its content, but what I didn't like near its end was the price, 50% increase in a couple of years. Sad its gone though.

Soldato
Thanks. I have subscribed to Custom PC in the past but let the subscription lapse as it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It'll be interesting to see what the relaunch is like.

Soldato
I subscribe to Retro Gamer and Modern Classics. I think the only print worth subscribing to these days is based on retro stuff and niche market things. The general magazine subscription and print is dying.

Soldato
zunuh0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom