Headset Game/Chat volume mix - Win10

Associate
Hi all,

sorry for the slightly odd question. In terms of multiplayer, my usual group of chums has moved from PS4 to PC, where I predominantly play SP games. I have a pair of Playstation Stereo Wireless headphones, so I have taken the USB dongle and plugged it into the PC.

Audio sounds fine, as does voice (mine and others), however I'm finding that game audo is too loud compared to to the voice chat that is going on, so its tough to hear my friends. When on the PS4 there are buttons on the headset that change the mix of game audio/voice chat. These dont appear to work on the PC, which i didnt expect, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to achieve the mix I want.

I'm sure that its voice chat and game dependent, so just for info, we tend to use Steam for a clan group voice chat. Games we have been playing recently are Black Ops and Division 2.

Anyone have any ideas how I can do this? Are there Steam settings? Windows 10 sound control panel?

I'm wondering if its better to just get a second hand pair of PC specific cans as surely this is a standard option that needs to be there?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Jonny

Associate
OP
Seemed to make no difference at least in the division. Tried moving all manner of sliders in the sound control panel and nothing happens. As a reference, even if I put the volume all the way down via windows (and this is even withough and voice chat) theres no difference. Seems like the Win 10 control panel is doing nothing at all.

Just wondering if theres an easier way, or how other dedicated PC headsets do it. I'd rather have the ability to change it one the fly, but seems odd that this could be that tricky to do.

Will go have a play with the in game settings to see if that helps out.

Soldato
I set every game I play to around 40% master volume and have no issues hearing people in discord. I don't know how voice chat in steam works nowadays (it used to use P2P and was awful quality wise) but discord also allows you to boost the volume of your friends on top to allow for quite or loud mics.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info. I guess there are just so many variables due to so many options rather than on PSN where theres party chat and game audio. I wil have to have a play around a bit more with it. Unfortunately we have to use Steam due to one guy in our group (theres always one isnt there!) that cant get Discord working for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom