Headset recommendation please

Associate
Hi,

As per title I'm looking for a headset, will be my first time purchasing one so I have nothing direct to go against. I listed the product page to show the most sold option, and it returned the Razer Kraken X Lite 7.1. This is within my budget, but I could go a little further if the gains were worthy.

Primary usage will be gaming / chatting on discord.

If the one I have listed is already a solid choice, please let me know and I'll pick one up.

Associate
Yeah its pretty good for the price point. Solid sound on the 40mm drivers and mic quality sounds fine.

On the high end of the scale for headsets it would probably be the Sennheiser (now "Epos") game zero or one. Then higher sound quality than that is something like the Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro (if you like music, should still work on most motherboards at 80 ohm) paired with a modmic or standalone mic. Endgame is obviously the amp/dac to power a high quality headset

Caporegime
I cannot fault my Sennheiser GSP300's. They've lasted far longer than any Headset I've ever had. I got some new 3rd party earcups as the originals were very tatty but other than that they work perfect. I liked it so much I got my Son a set for Christmas 2020 and his are still going strong too.

Caporegime
Hi @MissChief, that does look like a really nice headset, how well does it do 3d for gaming? Been quite a fan of sennheiser for many years now :)
It's actually very good, yes but is only a stereo headset. I have had easily half a dozen over the years and found that cheap ones are uncomfortable and rarely last long. Even moving up to £30-£60 doesn't really change much. Often you're paying for the brand, not quality. Their reliability was no better than the cheaper sets. I found you really need to pay £80+ to get a good set with good mic and speakers that are comfortable (ALWAYS go Over ear, not on ear. On ear suck) and reliable.

Associate
OP
It's actually very good, yes but is only a stereo headset. I have had easily half a dozen over the years and found that cheap ones are uncomfortable and rarely last long. Even moving up to £30-£60 doesn't really change much. Often you're paying for the brand, not quality. Their reliability was no better than the cheaper sets. I found you really need to pay £80+ to get a good set with good mic and speakers that are comfortable (ALWAYS go Over ear, not on ear. On ear suck) and reliable.

Hi there...bit late I know, but i finally got around to getting a set, found the 302's at a decent price. Sound quality is nice, but does seem really quiet. is there anything I can do to get these a bit louder? (all my volumes are maxed). <<< This is what I was typing...when I literally just found the volume control on the headset :)

Ta for the recommendation, much appreciated :)

Soldato
Hi there...bit late I know, but i finally got around to getting a set, found the 302's at a decent price. Sound quality is nice, but does seem really quiet. is there anything I can do to get these a bit louder? (all my volumes are maxed). <<< This is what I was typing...when I literally just found the volume control on the headset :)

Ta for the recommendation, much appreciated :)

I cannot fault my Sennheiser GSP300's. They've lasted far longer than any Headset I've ever had. I got some new 3rd party earcups as the originals were very tatty but other than that they work perfect. I liked it so much I got my Son a set for Christmas 2020 and his are still going strong too.

Hi both,

Just picking this up as I'm on the hunt for a new headset as my very faithful Fatality headset cable is about to break (it's done its time).

I see the GSP 300 is on offer some places at around £40 mark - would you still recommend it? My only gripe is that the microphone isn't removable - not a huge deal, just nice to have :)

PS. Use case is mainly FPS games (when I get time) and potentially some music now and then.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi both,

Just picking this up as I'm on the hunt for a new headset as my very faithful Fatality headset cable is about to break (it's done its time).

I see the GSP 300 is on offer some places at around £40 mark - would you still recommend it? My only gripe is that the microphone isn't removable - not a huge deal, just nice to have :)

PS. Use case is mainly FPS games (when I get time) and potentially some music now and then.
Still using mine and they’re about five years old now. Still recommend them, although since Sennheiser sold their consumer division to EPOS who knows what changes to specification they’ve made.

Soldato
Still using mine and they’re about five years old now. Still recommend them, although since Sennheiser sold their consumer division to EPOS who knows what changes to specification they’ve made.
Oh I thought the EPOS move was pre this headset, I might be wrong.

Any other recommendations welcome from one and all. There is actually so many choices, it's a finger in the air stuff for me! :)

Caporegime
Oh I thought the EPOS move was pre this headset, I might be wrong.

Any other recommendations welcome from one and all. There is actually so many choices, it's a finger in the air stuff for me! :)
I think my own were pre EPOS and my Sons are post EPOS. I haven’t used his but they look, feel and weight identical.

Back
Top Bottom