Heatpipe cooler liquid?

str

str

Soldato
What liquid would be in the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro? Mine has 3 caps missing from the top of the heatpipes! :eek:

It's water?

Only reason I noticed is my system shut down and wouldn't boot so when I checked there was liquid on the motherboard near the CPU socket and I figured it must have come from the Freezer 64. :)

Soldato
it could be anything with a relatively low boiling point, water with something would be possible, or alcohol based products (do not taste test as most likely would be toxic). sounds like a nice rma job there :).

Caporegime
Arthalen said:
Wonder if Artic cooling would be willing to stump up the cost of replacement parts as a token of 'Customer Service' ?

No doubt they'll RMA the HSF.

If its faulty RMA it, I'm sure they'll replace it.

Edit: Do you mean they'll pay for damaged components? Most maufacturers just laugh at you if you ask for that :(

str

str

Soldato
OP
After the leak the motherboard sort of still works. Only noticable problem so far is the Vcore on my Sempron defaults at 1.1v instead of 1.4v. I'm not sure how the leak could cause that but it's damn annoying. I'm replacing it soon though so not so much of a problem anymore.

Permabanned
str said:
What liquid would be in the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro? Mine has 3 caps missing from the top of the heatpipes! :eek:

It's water?

Only reason I noticed is my system shut down and wouldn't boot so when I checked there was liquid on the motherboard near the CPU socket and I figured it must have come from the Freezer 64. :)

it must have boiled over :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom