Heatsink advice

Artic Frezzer 64 is a reasonably priced HSFwith great cooling.. The fan draws air to the rear fan and operates less than 1 sone iiirc.

It is easy to fit without taking out the mobo.

The fan however, does cover the dimm slots but that it isn't a problem becuase the fan is coupled on with "easy-clips" (no screws) so the fan can be easily removed with out taking off the heatsink. This al helps draw heat away from the memory modules too.

edit - i've just noticed you have the extreme memory with the bells and fairly lights.. that maybe a problems.. checks...

steveo said:
img09010gv.jpg

happy now :p had it like that for 1 month and no problems

nope i think you'll be fine.. just a tight squeeze :)

As i said, that black fan come off in seconds!!! Cool (no pun intended) :p

Last edited:
basically, im replacing my ballistix which just fitted under the heatsink.

ive got to choose between ocz or corsair stuff, the ocz would be fine, but they arent in stock so i may have to go for the corsair and replace my heatsink, hence the question :)

ideally, the ocz will be in stock soon :D

Ashcrapper said:
basically, im replacing my ballistix which just fitted under the heatsink.

ive got to choose between ocz or corsair stuff, the ocz would be fine, but they arent in stock so i may have to go for the corsair and replace my heatsink, hence the question :)

ideally, the ocz will be in stock soon :D

Yep, well i have just installed this weekend 2gb of Platinum PC4000 EB ram with the Artic Freezer 64.. no problems fitting and temps are fine.. Even better, my PC is silent :)

Back
Top Bottom