Heatsink advice

Man of Honour
Artic Frezzer 64 is a reasonably priced HSFwith great cooling.. The fan draws air to the rear fan and operates less than 1 sone iiirc.

It is easy to fit without taking out the mobo.

The fan however, does cover the dimm slots but that it isn't a problem becuase the fan is coupled on with "easy-clips" (no screws) so the fan can be easily removed with out taking off the heatsink. This al helps draw heat away from the memory modules too.

edit - i've just noticed you have the extreme memory with the bells and fairly lights.. that maybe a problems.. checks...

steveo said:
img09010gv.jpg

happy now :p had it like that for 1 month and no problems

nope i think you'll be fine.. just a tight squeeze :)

As i said, that black fan come off in seconds!!! Cool (no pun intended) :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
basically, im replacing my ballistix which just fitted under the heatsink.

ive got to choose between ocz or corsair stuff, the ocz would be fine, but they arent in stock so i may have to go for the corsair and replace my heatsink, hence the question :)

ideally, the ocz will be in stock soon :D

Man of Honour
Ashcrapper said:
basically, im replacing my ballistix which just fitted under the heatsink.

ive got to choose between ocz or corsair stuff, the ocz would be fine, but they arent in stock so i may have to go for the corsair and replace my heatsink, hence the question :)

ideally, the ocz will be in stock soon :D

Yep, well i have just installed this weekend 2gb of Platinum PC4000 EB ram with the Artic Freezer 64.. no problems fitting and temps are fine.. Even better, my PC is silent :)

Back
Top Bottom