Heatsinks with RAM clearance

Soldato
I'm gonna purchase another 8gb for my system as i've been doing a lot of video editing with 400gb+ file sizes lately, and even that is using all 8gb of memory.

So I need a new heatsink as my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 is covering the first ram slot and touching the ram itself in the second slot.

RAM is Corsair Vengeance Blue.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also instead of making a seperate topic, Is it worth chucking another 200mm fan at the top on my CM Haf X? (I'm nuts when it comes to keeping my system cool)

Cheers.

Soldato
Yeah they are worth looking at, but they are popular and no one know if they will perform as well as the non-refurb H100's if you know what i mean..

They will be another few week before they arrive too, about 4 i think..

Soldato
Personally I would get any ram that you like and remove the heatsinks.

I bought three sticks of corsair vengeance 4Gb 2000MHz on the MM to upgrade my PC. I removed two heatsinks using a hairdryer due to lack of clearance under the heatsink.

The third I was installling in a friends PC this weekend and the heatsink came unglued during installation because of the room temperature.

All work fine at rated frequency and timings as naked sticks.

Soldato
Keep in mind the H100 refurbs only have a 90 day warranty.. and there have been many H100 failures.. that's where all these refurbs probably coming from.