• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

heaven 2.5 benchmark question

Associate
ive got an overclocked i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz but when i run the benchmark, the results screen at the end shows my cpu flags as 3400mhz instead of 4700mhz.

i know the cpu is overclocked as im running cpu-z as well which shows its clocked to 4.7ghz.

my friend has the same issue with his 2500k not showing as 4.4ghz.

does anybody know why this is happening? thanks.

Soldato
I think heaven just shows the stock speed of your cpu, use cpu-z under load to see the real clockspeed.

Edit - just had a look at a results screenshot i had, the cpu model line shows the stock speed for the cpu, the cpu flag line shows the cpu speed without turbo.

Associate
OP
won't the stock speed and cpu speed without turbo be the same??

some people results show the cpu flag as the overclock i think. i use to have an i7 920 @ 4.0ghz and the cpu flag showed as 4000mhz. i cant remember if i had turbo mode enabled on that overclock though. im sure turbo was off but hyperthreating was on.

Soldato
Ive just looked at a few of the Heaven Benchmark screenshots in the official thread and it looks like a common thing with all the SandyBridge CPU's there (They all show stock speed, no matter the overclock). Maybe they will update the heaven benchmark to show the actual Overclock speeds of sandybridges.

It probably doesnt make a difference when actually benchmarking, but you can always run the benchmark and stock and then at your overclocked speeds to make sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
won't the stock speed and cpu speed without turbo be the same??

some people results show the cpu flag as the overclock i think. i use to have an i7 920 @ 4.0ghz and the cpu flag showed as 4000mhz. i cant remember if i had turbo mode enabled on that overclock though. im sure turbo was off but hyperthreating was on.

My i7 920 is at 4200mhz but heaven shows it as 4000mhz, which is it's speed without the turbo (20 multi vs 21 multi)

Back
Top Bottom