Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
as suddenly I was dropping in a pod and landed right next to a shuttle craft that was ready to take off.

I've had that happen a couple of times in around 130 hours of playing just as I join another player on their ship it suddenly transitions me to another game in progress and drops me instantly with my last selected load out, kind of odd. (I do wonder with some of these issues if it is a consequence sometimes of people using cheat software as host to manipulate stuff rather than game bugs).

Had a fair few times of joining games just in time to board the extraction shuttle as well :s don't think I've messed up anyone's game yet doing it though hah.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Only had the game threee days, so still learning.

I had a really weird thing happen earlier.

I was on a ship of an experienced player and we had just done 3 successful missions on the 'Extreme' difficulty.

He must have joined a match in progress, as suddenly I was dropping in a pod and landed right next to a shuttle craft that was ready to take off. My team-mate wasn't present in the game and both players were on the landing pad. In the confusion, I just boarded the shuttle and then the other two players promptly died.

They had done every objective possible and me, who literally hadn't fired a shot messed up their end-game and got loads of XP and Republic points for doing nothing. Whoops

A guy dropped in a couple of days ago just as we were all boarding the shuttle on a high difficulty mission having collected most of the map. It made us all laugh. Sometimes you get lucky.

Soldato
"The change is made to make the world feel less empty for one and two player lobbies"

Empty? Do the devs even play their own game solo/duo or just stare at metrics all day long? Hilarious.

They might think that solo was meant to be 17% of the patrols 4-man gets (formerly). But it clearly wasn't working that way in reality. And now they upped it to 25%.

What I have noticed is that some planets are consistently quieter than others. Still not "empty" though.

Soldato
You've clearly not actually read my posts and just been triggered by me having an opinion.

I've not at all complained about things being balanced but the approach to balance, which the developer unfortunately seems to be leaning towards with it with recent changes which doesn't have to be the way balancing is done.

Triggered by you have several hundred opinions actually :p

Agree to disagree then as this isn’t going anywhere productive :)

Soldato
Just online. Some game update, that’s poo’ed all over the game. Something about the dev’s not keep there promises and it not moving towards a pay to play game

Unless I have the games mixed up hahaha

Man of Honour
so i was going to buy this, than i seen some crap about they have killed the game???
what happened and should i still get it

Nonsense, I’ve not even noticed any difference. It’s the most fun I’ve had in a game in years and I’m still having fun, now 50 hours in. Can’t imagine putting this down anytime soon.

Man of Honour
Something about the dev’s not keep there promises and it not moving towards a pay to play game

Probably partly due to there not being a happy medium when it comes to unlocking the new war bonds without paying real money - people were exploiting an oversight to farm the credits for it stupidly fast, which has now been fixed but they also seem to have significantly reduced the rate of gaining those credits - though there seems to be mixed reports on that some people saying they aren't noticing a difference, some saying they are seeing a big drop. I've not played enough, while taking note of it, to be sure but personally I'm seeing about 1/10th the drop rate I was before.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just online. Some game update, that’s poo’ed all over the game. Something about the dev’s not keep there promises and it not moving towards a pay to play game

Unless I have the games mixed up hahaha

They have made it harder to earn Super Credits via in-game play. But this is because they have closed a loophole which allowed people to farm lots of them easily. This is a fix that was always going to happen. They also seem to have adjusted down the frequency of finding Super Credits on the maps. This is more controversial.

It doesn't make it 'pay to play' but it does mean that new players to the game aren't going to be gaining the Super Credits as easily as was possible before.

Do you need Super Credits to enjoy the game? Not really. There are a few desirable weapons and armours locked behind the Warbonds that you buy with Super Credits. But there's plenty of stuff in the default (free) Warbond to keep most players busy earning and by the time you've done that you'll easily have enough Super Credits via normal gameplay to purchase another Warbond (even with the reduced acquisition rates).

Man of Honour
They also seem to have adjusted down the frequency of finding Super Credits on the maps. This is more controversial.

I dunno how much they've reduced it in reality but it does seem massively reduced from my last few hours of gaming while paying attention to it - I got about 20 in the time I'd previously have picked up 100-200.

Man of Honour
They have made it harder to earn Super Credits via in-game play. But this is because they have closed a loophole which allowed people to farm lots of them easily. This is a fix that was always going to happen. They also seem to have adjusted down the frequency of finding Super Credits on the maps. This is more controversial.

It doesn't make it 'pay to play' but it does mean that new players to the game aren't going to be gaining the Super Credits as easily as was possible before.

Do you need Super Credits to enjoy the game? Not really. There are a few desirable weapons and armours locked behind the Warbonds that you buy with Super Credits. But there's plenty of stuff in the default (free) Warbond to keep most players busy earning and by the time you've done that you'll easily have enough Super Credits via normal gameplay to purchase another Warbond (even with the reduced acquisition rates).

Very little is hidden behind them anyway, most new weapons are barely even sidegrades from the starting set and those that aren’t are seemingly quickly ‘balanced’. I’m also still having no trouble finding SCs.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Had some PA announcement about automatons in Oshaune (bug planet)?

Also every single game today I've had this bug where your stamina doesn't recharge, health bar is red, your player constantly shouts they are bleeding out and it is telling you to stim but you can't stim and don't die, once you take a bit of damage you can usually stim but sometimes you need to drop the health right down until it will let you stim :(

5uuBIX6.png

Also getting big performance drops with this patch, and other people on voice complaining about it - even with a 14700K and 4080 Super seeing it drop to 100FPS and feeling like it is chugging at times when before I was rarely dropping under 120.

Soldato
Also every single game today I've had this bug where your stamina doesn't recharge, health bar is red, your player constantly shouts they are bleeding out and it is telling you to stim but you can't stim and don't die, once you take a bit of damage you can usually stim but sometimes you need to drop the health right down until it will let you stim
Not played since the latest patch but that bugs been around for a while.

Man of Honour
Had some PA announcement about automatons in Oshaune (bug planet)?

Also every single game today I've had this bug where your stamina doesn't recharge, health bar is red, your player constantly shouts they are bleeding out and it is telling you to stim but you can't stim and don't die, once you take a bit of damage you can usually stim but sometimes you need to drop the health right down until it will let you stim :(

5uuBIX6.png

Also getting big performance drops with this patch, and other people on voice complaining about it - even with a 14700K and 4080 Super seeing it drop to 100FPS and feeling like it is chugging at times when before I was rarely dropping under 120.

I swear I’ve lost about 20 frames. Feels stuttery at times too.

Liberator feels punchier and fun to use post-patch :cool:

Love the liberator.

Man of Honour
Not played since the latest patch but that bugs been around for a while.

Yeah but I only had it maybe 2-3 times in like 130 hours or so of playing, I just had it happen a whole string of times today, but hasn't happened again since I've restarted the game.

Man of Honour
They've really broken something with this update - doing the evac 50 whatever the name of the mission is feels like it is running at 10 FPS even with 100+ FPS.

EDIT: Meh spent 20 minutes staying alive against massive odds, working the horde crazy, 2 feet from extracting, with no time/reinforcements left, bile titan skids sideways 50m and swipes me instantly dead with its leg... BS like that gets so boring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom