Helldivers 2

Man of Honour

To be honest the best thing Sony can do really - HD2 was a huge success and that is something they can capitalise - if a PSN account is required on future products from the start I doubt it would encounter a fraction of the resistance but ultimately it needs to mean something to link it on the PC. Right now it is just extra faff that is of no benefit to the player.

Soldato
The damage is already done by Sony but better late than never.

People have requested refunds and got them, the game has been removed from sale in countries where they cannot create a PSN account and the reviews have been tanked.

Soldato
Shock horror, inevitable U-turn and thus nothing mattered.
People will rebuy it and everything goes back to how it was.
Gamers love a drama.
They may re buy the game but I do wonder if they will still have their save game data or if they would start over again.

People should have waited to see what the outcome of this was or wait until it was mandatory and then got their refunds

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think the u-turn would have happened if people didn't kick up a fuss? Tbh your takes have been very bizarre during the whole fiasco.

I think I probably just have a bit more perspective, bigger things going on than a video game 'drama'. But if this is your jam by all means continue to lap it up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I probably just have a bit more perspective, bigger things going on than a video game 'drama'. But if this is your jam by all means continue to lap it up.
And yet you still commentated on said 'drama', just in favour of the bad guys in the situation. This is clearly a win for gamers and should be applauded as such.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seriously though, it was a ******** requirement to start with, and very scummy to do it when they did. I really did like the good old days of not needing accounts for bloody everything. Hopefully people can get back to enjoying the game again.

Last edited:
Soldato
And yet you still commentated on said 'drama', just in favour of the bad guys in the situation. This is clearly a win for gamers and should be applauded as such.

You are right, I think I just roll my eyes whenever I see something like this, but actually this was totally legit, whereas some dramas can be perpetuated by a minority.
TBH I didn't read much into it and normally I remind myself to think more critically about something before commenting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently people were review bombing AH’s other titles on Steam. That makes absolutely no sense. There’s no community more petty or toxic than the PC gaming community.

Yes! This is what I mean, time and time again gamers do stupid stuff like this. Death threats, review bombing etc. It's beyond embarrassing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently people were review bombing AH’s other titles on Steam. That makes absolutely no sense. There’s no community more petty or toxic than the PC gaming community.

Cyberpunk wouldn't have released in the state it was in if it wasn't for the death threats and toxic behaviour from the gaming community. Just another example, i really dislike the gaming community as a whole, the herd mentality. It's like no one has an opinion of their own and everyone jumps on the band wagon.

Soldato
The fact that people had to make a big internet drama for Sony to do the proper thing is worrying.

If there was no internet response,people in over 100 countries who bought the game would have been out of pocket,mere months after buying the game. Just because we are in country which is not affected doesn't make it OK - comes across as I'm Alright Jack. Parts of Europe were excluded too.

If Sony had gotten away with it,so many other companies would have tried the same thing.

In the end blaming Steam and retailers of the game,is not fair too. Sony cleared sale of the game in countries where they knew PSN doesn't work. Sony is entirely at fault here.

Cyberpunk wouldn't have released in the state it was in if it wasn't for the death threats and toxic behaviour from the gaming community. Just another example, i really dislike the gaming community as a whole, the herd mentality. It's like no one has an opinion of their own and everyone jumps on the band wagon.

It was delayed so many times,so in the end they released it in a poor state due to investor pressure:

Two weeks before launch, CD Projekt joint-CEO Adam Kaciński told investors that base PS4 and Xbox One performance was "surprisingly good, I would say, for such a huge world." Obviously, we now know that this isn't the case. Perhaps you can forgive Adam for lying to investors 17 days ago, but there's no way anyone can argue that CDPR warned us that the game isn't ready yet, quite the contrary.

This was mostly down to investor pressure. If they had said it was in a poor state and needed another year,the investors would have crapped their pants.

They knew very well loads of gamers pre-ordered the game at full price,so thought they would be OK with the state it was in. It's the same reason why so many games are in early access for so long now and are full of bugs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom