1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellgate London

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Loki, 25 May 2006.

1. Loki

Asus Rep

First Person RPG/Shooter type game set in the future. Attention to detail appears pretty good with a lot of the structures modeled on London itself to give it some authenticity. My impression is that its simmilar to Painkiller but a lot darker and maybe a more mature storyline. Get very good reviews from E3. Is it on anyone wish list ?

Official Webby

E3 Trailer

2. Psyk

Sgarrista

I think it is more RPG than anything else so I expect it won't be much like painkiller gameplay wise. This looks really good, it might be worth a go. I hear all the maps are randomly generated so it's different every time you play it through.

3. VeNT

Capodecina

4. Psyk

Sgarrista

No they all seem to be ex-Blizzard people. Most worked on Diablo. Either way they have a good reputation.

5. puppy

Gangster

Hmm

Look I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but this game has been in development FOR EVER :rolleyes: They update the website about once every six months, and I fear that this may be another Duke Nukem, waiting to happen...

6. m00ch0

Hitman

Last edited: 25 May 2006
  7. Hixxy

PermaBanned

www.flagshipforums.com/ one of the best places i've found for info. been watching this for ages. new class released Q3 2006, beta end of the year and release not before Q2 2007 thats my guess anyway.

8. skullman

Wise Guy

Really looking forward to this game!

Edit: ops forget those links didnt notice the E3 one in the OP. :)

9. puppy

Gangster

When and if it comes out they will need to have sorted out the various licensing issues/permissions though

If they're going to have "London" in the game title the Underground stations need to *be*London Underground stations (not some generic subterannean railway system), the landmarks will need to be recognisable, the buses, street furniture etc will have to look right. If they don't get this right the game will be a joke and will be just another generic zombie shooter :rolleyes:

10. Raze

Hitman

That trailer is AWESOME!! :D

Hope the games good!!!

:D

11. nands

Mobster

When I forst saw it I thought it was a FPS but it is much more RPG, the fighting especially (all stats etc) which put me off a bit.

However saying that I just started playing Oblivion last week and I currently think that RPGs are cool!

12. Psyk

Sgarrista

Do you need permission to use public landmarks though? I'm thinking since they are publically owned you might not. Anyway it's not going to be an accurate portrayal of London since most of it is randomised.

13. Last Kronin

Mobster

Also since theres been an invasion of demons i doubt if there would be much landmarks left, or they will be bits blasted out off them to make it look different and thus no longer 'copyrighted'

14. Psyk

Sgarrista

On the site there is a screenshot of the houses of parliament so there will be some landmarks.