Helmets for a trackday

Soldato
Hi

Im looking at getting a decent helmet to do trackdays in.

I really like the look of the Arai GP5-X

http://www.phoenixnw.co.uk/arai_gp5x.html

Does anyone have any opinions on it? That dealer is very close to me, so obviously i'll pop up and have a try on, see how it feels and things.

Ive heard good things about Arai helmets, and although its one of the cheaper ones, Its surely gotta be a good one to go for?

Thanks for any advice one may offer.

Had to laugh at you saying Arai is one of the cheaper ones :rolleyes: . Arai is a fantastic make of helmet. Personally I would go for a Shoei if I was spending that kind of money though. (N.B: I'm assuming they are the same as motorbike helmets).

Get a replica Senna helmet :D

If not, Simpson Bandit/Super Bandit/Outlaw/Desperado as worn by the Stig :D

Sure Simpson used to do a really nice carbon fibre helmet as well, but i cant find it now...

Arai, are very good helmets,get the best you can afford for using on Track days, one thing not to leave out, never go on track days without a back protector, best safety £50-70 you will ever buy.

Have a good time :)

Troop said:
Arai, are very good helmets,get the best you can afford for using on Track days, one thing not to leave out, never go on track days without a back protector, best safety £50-70 you will ever buy.

Have a good time :)

He didnt make it clear, but he'll be doing it in a westfield, not on a bike.

St0rmer66 said:
Had to laugh at you saying Arai is one of the cheaper ones :rolleyes: . Arai is a fantastic make of helmet. Personally I would go for a Shoei if I was spending that kind of money though. (N.B: I'm assuming they are the same as motorbike helmets).
He was saying it is one of the cheaper Arais..... :rolleyes:

Burned_Alive said:
Get a replica Senna helmet :D

If not, Simpson Bandit/Super Bandit/Outlaw/Desperado as worn by the Stig :D

Sure Simpson used to do a really nice carbon fibre helmet as well, but i cant find it now...

Well it was a toss up between Simpson and Arai anyway :D

I'll be going to try on some Arai ones first, and if they dont quite suit, i'll look at the simpson ones ;)

djbenjo said:
He was saying it is one of the cheaper Arais..... :rolleyes:

Indeed. £300 is peanuts compared to the price of some Arai helmets, but still very good.

Back
Top Bottom