Help! 3080 overclocking for mining stuck :(

Associate
Hey guys,

Just got an RTX 3080 for my gaming rig and though about mining on the side to take advantage of it.

I’m having a problem. I got up to 98/99 MH/s. Phoenix miner on Hive pool with the RTX 3080, Windows 10 64-bit. Used Aorus Engine to overclock. But then I got MSI Afterburner because I always hear it’s better. Now I don’t know what happened but whichever I use, I can’t budge the mining from 86MH/s or below and it won’t go above 220w. I’ve uninstalled both overclocking programs and reinstalled them (separetely, together, one after the other). No overclocking settings at all are changing my MH/s or the wattage. Unless I change the fan power. If I lower it, then the temperature goes from 50 to 55C and above and the MH/s drops down to 75-70…

I’m not an expert, obviously, does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening? There must be some sort of setting or profile stuck right? Any ideas? I’ve even gone into the device manager and uninstalled the GPU and let windows reinstall it with the drivers. Nothing…

Thanks in advance
slight_smile.png

Soldato
Boot into safe mode. Uninstall both programmes. Then boot into windows normally and Reinstall Nvidia driver with direct download from Nvidia site. When install make sure CLEAN INSTALL option is open.

only use one programme to manage your OC. Stick with Afterburner.

Back
Top Bottom