Associate
Built a new pc a few days ago, 5800x, 3080, 32gb ram, m.2 ssd, rog strix b550-f, 850w gold psu, and everyonce in a while, this happens

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I'm very confused as to what the problem is, I've re installed gpu drivers, checked the m.2 drivers are up to date, and even been to event viewer, but I can't find any issues / anything has fixed it, and was wondering if ANYONE has any clue as to what's going on, or at least what part is causing this since I'm at the point now where I'm completely clueless

If you watch the video, you can see that nothing responds whenever I click on it, but I can still sort of interact with windows, I didn't record it, but when I pressed shutdown on windows, nothing happened, and after shutting down, I turned off both my monitors, but afterwards, only one showed any input, however by this point some apps (such as wallpaper engine) had shut down straight after I hit the shut down button on windows, in order to get the system off, I had to hold the power button on my pc rather than wait for it to do it on its own

Associate
I'm guessing you've transferred an old drive with Windows already installed across to the new build then? That could be the source of the problem.

If not, the same way you installed it before. There's a few ways you can reinstall, though i've only ever used the USB stick with the Windows Install Tool via their website. When you've registered Windows with an email address you can just use that and not need the long key, apparently. Though been a while since i fresh installed so can't recall. Unplugging un-needed devices is good to do before the install, all non O/S drives and USB soundcards, etc.

Associate
OP
I'm guessing you've transferred an old drive with Windows already installed across to the new build then? That could be the source of the problem.

If not, the same way you installed it before. There's a few ways you can reinstall, though i've only ever used the USB stick with the Windows Install Tool via their website. When you've registered Windows with an email address you can just use that and not need the long key, apparently. Though been a while since i fresh installed so can't recall. Unplugging un-needed devices is good to do before the install, all non O/S drives and USB soundcards, etc.
nah, its a fresh instal of windows to begin with, all parts are brandnew no transfers, i think i sort of re installed windows, if it crashes again I'll try wiping memory and going from fresh

Back
Top Bottom