Help and advice please

Associate
OP

hello
i have got a build that i am happy with, is there anything else i need to buy such as thermal paste etc or does it come with the processor
is there anything i need to buy to be able to make the computer, some tools that i wouldn't have. also is the anti-static wrist strap needed or will i be fine without it

also would i need a different motherboard for the i7-8700 processor

thank you

Soldato
hello
i have got a build that i am happy with, is there anything else i need to buy such as thermal paste etc or does it come with the processor
is there anything i need to buy to be able to make the computer, some tools that i wouldn't have. also is the anti-static wrist strap needed or will i be fine without it

also would i need a different motherboard for the i7-8700 processor

thank you

Thermal grizzly paste ! Another £4-5 and is the best !
No, that B board has better VRM set up and cooling then most Z370 boards !
The H370 version even beats their own Z370 flagship ! Haha
So i7 8700 non K would be fine. It's a damn good chip , socially boosting to 4.3ghz on all cores ! Intel finally under pressure to increase core speeds from AMD . That boost is still faster then current and incoming Ryzen 7 cpus
You'll see reviews were K chips and non K chips perform slightly better in H/B chips at default settings so that's why Intel has limited its ram speed not to outshine it's current flagship chip .
If you can spare the extra £10, Gigabyte card is worth the shout for UK RMA and rep support . Both will perform the same to be honest though

Associate
OP
Thermal grizzly paste ! Another £4-5 and is the best !
No, that B board has better VRM set up and cooling then most Z370 boards !
The H370 version even beats their own Z370 flagship ! Haha
So i7 8700 non K would be fine. It's a damn good chip , socially boosting to 4.3ghz on all cores ! Intel finally under pressure to increase core speeds from AMD . That boost is still faster then current and incoming Ryzen 7 cpus
You'll see reviews were K chips and non K chips perform slightly better in H/B chips at default settings so that's why Intel has limited its ram speed not to outshine it's current flagship chip .
If you can spare the extra £10, Gigabyte card is worth the shout for UK RMA and rep support . Both will perform the same to be honest though

thank you for the help
i will be buying everything tonight and will hopefully have a pc by the end of the week

cheers kain

Soldato
thank you for the help
i will be buying everything tonight and will hopefully have a pc by the end of the week

cheers kain

there are ways to shave off a little cash but you'll have to google the exact method of downloading windows to a USB stick, installing and getting a key .
technically a grey area on here to mention

also worth mentioning if your thinking of i7 8700 route- ryzen 2700 is out tomorrow . should see reviews 1pm , 2pm for British reviews

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,257.48 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom