• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help! Asus 660Ti Issues - Strange...

Associate
Hello Guys!

Strange issue last night... I was playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive and my PC Monitor randomly went into standby mode, to which point I also noticed the PC rebooted itself.

At first I thought it was a simple blip and after a reboot it will have fixed itself.. unfortunately the monitor remained blank.

When disconnecting my secondary monitor (TV via DVI-to-HDMI) the main monitor worked with PC.

This rig is only 2-3 months old.. can anyone suggest any troubleshooting tips or offer advice into wtf caused this problem? :p

Edit: Before anyone suggests that the primary monitor has changed, this is not the case.

Associate
Try taking out the gpu, giving it a blow to get rid of dust, try onboard, then put back in the gpu...

What gpu drivers are you running? 320.... range many forum threads about em, roll back to 314.22 might be best.

Associate
OP
Try taking out the gpu, giving it a blow to get rid of dust, try onboard, then put back in the gpu...

What gpu drivers are you running? 320.... range many forum threads about em, roll back to 314.22 might be best.

Thanks for the reply, currently using 320.18 + GeForce Experiance Drivers.

Will give the card a clean (though shouldnt be any dust in the case as the filters I have are excellent) - Are there any BETA drivers I can use rather than the 320 or do you still suggest rolling back?

Associate
OP

Backdated the drivers to 314.22, cleaned card of minimul dust, reinserted... plugged both cables in, same issue - even tried 2x monitors and a different HDMI cable. Sending this GFX Card back to ASUS (thank god I didnt decide to OC it)

Back
Top Bottom