Help Buying A chair!!

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a new chair, i'm sick of having to replace my £40 one i get from viking direct every year and certainly from putting on so much weight recently the chair struggles!

I work from home for t Mon-Fri including some saturday's and use my pc constantly when i'm not working so i am in a chair for about 16+ hours a day.

I have decided to not be so tight as i'm currently suffering with some back pain and was looking for some recommendations, i've seen the areon is quite good and i'm looking to try it at a john lewis hopefully but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? I typically like to lean back a bit whilst working, but when i'm gaming my back is straight.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
We have the 275 on offer currently. I'm using the 350SE at work and it's wonderful. The 275 uses similar materials, just not quite as many features. The only chair I've tried that is in the same league is the noblechairs EPIC series. I have the real leather at home and it's supremely comfortable too. If you made a purchase and wasn't satisfied, you could return it of course.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your responses, I was looking at the noblechair but noticed on their website it states max load 120kg and i'm a bit above that, wouldn't want to purchase it then it breaks because i'm too big!

How do you find the Triiger? Does it force you to sit up straight or does it allow you to lean back a bit if you wanted to?

It's good to know when i purchase a chair and wasn't happy i'd be able to return, any estimate on how much you think postage would be back to you guys?

Thanks for your help.

OcUK Staff
The Triigger series are fully adjustable, so you can find an ergonomically comfortable seating position pretty quickly. With the quick recline functions, you can lean back very easily too. In terms of postage, it would vary, but I expect DPD would be able to return it for around £15.

Soldato
We have the 275 on offer currently. I'm using the 350SE at work and it's wonderful. The 275 uses similar materials, just not quite as many features. The only chair I've tried that is in the same league is the noblechairs EPIC series. I have the real leather at home and it's supremely comfortable too. If you made a purchase and wasn't satisfied, you could return it of course.

@ChugNorris How much would you charge for returning a chair if you weren't satisfied with it?

Associate
If your a big chap I can recommend the vertagear PL6000 or the DX racer boss both are very study and have ample room for the larger gentlemen. :D

Soldato
Hoping to see some price drops on the Vertagear 275 or 350 line?

Found a few very good herman miller aeron used online for £300. Thinking of going this route if no price drop this week.

Saw this weeks only. Again very disappointing.

Herman Miller Aeron it is.

Last edited:
Associate
Id recommend a DX im about 17 stone and almost same height, never have pains and can be sitting there for 8+ hours a day.

The one i got isnt in stock on overclockers so dont wana link another from competition

Associate
noble epic gamer, i am a chunky chunky monkey with a bad back and it is the best buy ive ever made

From what I've seen in these forums they have a few quality issues (cracks, bangs etc). I'm really wanting the white one but something is just preventing me from pulling the trigger...

Associate
From what I've seen in these forums they have a few quality issues (cracks, bangs etc). I'm really wanting the white one but something is just preventing me from pulling the trigger...
yeah some people have been very unlucky, but mine arrived in perfect condition and still is. Personally I would just do it.

Associate
yeah some people have been very unlucky, but mine arrived in perfect condition and still is. Personally I would just do it.

That's reassuring. I guess there's only one way to find out. Only thing that concerns me is returns. A chair is a right old chunk to post back!

Associate
That's reassuring. I guess there's only one way to find out. Only thing that concerns me is returns. A chair is a right old chunk to post back!

If it is damaged or there is a quality issue the return costs are not your problem. You just arrange it with OCUK or yourself for a courier to turn up and send them the bill. If you return because you don't like it, then that is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom