[HELP!] Cannot install anything from Microsoft Store (Windows 10)

Associate

SOLVED, SEE POST #5

This is a problem I've had for months but I need to fix it.

Problem: Can't install anything from Microsoft Store. Under the 'Ready to install' tab on the Store I click 'Install' next to the chosen app but nothing happens, the install button disappears and that's it.

I've tried resetting the store and also uninstalled it and reinstalled it via Powershell but all that happens when I do that is I get one step further, I click 'Install' and it asks me to select a device to install it to, so I choose my PC and then it says it will attempt to install the app then nothing happens at all, it does not appear in my downloads or anything, literally nothing happens. The store says i own the app but simply will not download and install it.

This is driving me insane because it does not make any sense at all and I need to install an app.

FYI I get the exact same problem from any app in the store so the individual apps are not at fault.

Last edited:
Associate
Did you by any chance use the powershell commands to uninstall all applications at any point? With your store comments and notes about device to install it to, I'm not sure the below is applicable.

If you have deleted the apps via powershell and a list command no longer shows them, then I've done this twice (yesterday was the second time) and last time I had to reinstall windows. This time I tried a few fixes even repairing the installation from the original windows disk, but it just wont reinstall it. It did reinstall my Nvidia panel that the powershell uninstalled and needed the store to reinstall, just not the store, calc or other base apps. Something to try at least.

Otherwise it appears you're left in a catch 22 situation where once you remove the store, you'll find you need the store installed to install the store again lol. I've yet to find a fix, I'll be reinstalling windows for a nice new clean image once again in half hour. I did find a command to uninstall all apps excluding the store, I'll be trying this before I start the labour of switching off all the ms permission stuff etc. On the plus side, I'm an iso file and fresh install looming closer to trying linux again lol.

Associate
OP
No i haven't used powershell to uninstall all apps.

This is what I get:

When I click on OK, literally nothing happens?! I can go back to the 'ready to install' tab of the store and start the whole process again by clicking 'install' and I just go around in circles.

I've done everything in the video below apart from using the 'upgrade windows' tool because I don't want to risk having to install everything again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFTXcOGkUTU

But nothing I do seems to make this stupid store actually work.

I actually also lost the standard Microsoft Photo Viewer a while back because it kept crashing so I uninstalled it but due to this stupid issue I can't install it back again! Same thing with Netflix, it started playing up so I uninstalled it but can't get it back.

Associate
OP
Well it seems the problem may be a bit deeper than the store, for some reason Windows Update just hangs now as well :(

Neither sfc /scannow or DISM fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom