Help! Check These Shots For Me!

Soldato
I had a series of enlargments printed by Photobox, and they came back with problems as written below each image.

YellowFlowerFF.jpg

This one had a rather strong yellow cast over it. The greenery was way too yellow, and the petals seemed too orangey which is odd.

Spiky01FF.jpg

Came back with a strong yellow cast. Looks fine on my screen.

Redflower03FF.jpg

Came back washed out, semed to be less saturated. My monitor displays this flower as having quite a strong, saturated head.

So there we are. Do my pictures look odd to you? Are there any colour casts etc? Do I need to ring photobox and get them to reprint, or is my monitor miles out?

:confused:

Associate
Maybe it something to do with sRGB or Adobe RGB. sRGB produces nice colours on the screen but prints might turn up washed out. It's probably best to phone up photobox and ask what colour format they want the pictures or maybe they can suggest how to fix them.

Man of Honour
They do appear to have the issues described on my screen.

Mine hasn't been calibrated in a VERY long time though. Also - it's a lovely CRT rather than a nasty TFT.

Try getting a calibration print from Photobox and try with that.

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
I agree with Flibster, the first is quite yellow so id agree with description, the 2nd im unsure of the plant heads are yellowy green but the background doesnt appear at all yellow, and the 3rd is quite washed out, the flower is red but it doesnt jump out like I expect it should.

Im using a nasty TFTs, on my "Photobox calibration card calibrated" Dell 2405 they appear as described, on my uncalibrated NEC1760NX they appear much better.

Associate
I've had exactly the same thing. I had some shots that were taken on my D60 in the atrium area of the British Museum, and i ran them through photoshop, and had them printed by Photobox. They all came back with a noticable cyan cast. I put this down to the fact that I didnt put a tick in the box when ordering that says something like 'no colour correction'. I did notice that on the faq's somewhere, they answer how they colour correct shots, basically to balance them for 'normal' exposures. I had 1 shot of my son, sat on some grass, and that came out perfectly, from the same batch.
So that might be an answer - worth having a search of the photobox faq's to see if that has any more details.
Hope that helps! :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys,

I e-mailed them my request, so hopefully I'll receive one and get myself sorted. Dang annoying having 4 A3 prints all the wrong colour!

Oddly all the 6x4, 7x5 and 10x8's I ordered were fine.

Associate
danza said:
Cheers guys,

I e-mailed them my request, so hopefully I'll receive one and get myself sorted. Dang annoying having 4 A3 prints all the wrong colour!

Oddly all the 6x4, 7x5 and 10x8's I ordered were fine.
AFAIK, the smaller prints are runn off on a different machine to the larger format ones. The other machine might be having a roblem with your colour space as previously mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom