Help choosing a router for NTL

Soldato
WRT54GL and flash DD-WRT or similar to it if 54g is enough for you... I confess I did look at the other thread and wonder why you were being told an adsl modem/router would work on cable but a) belkins site is dire and b) you said it was working

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Avalon said:
WRT54GL and flash DD-WRT or similar to it if 54g is enough for you... I confess I did look at the other thread and wonder why you were being told an adsl modem/router would work on cable but a) belkins site is dire and b) you said it was working

It strangly worked when plugged into router once but i wouldnt really have called it "working" because i rebooted and it went off again. No matter what i did, it wouldnt work.

Ill try the WRT54GL but do i really need to faff around with flashing firmware?

Man of Honour
You don't have to, but it's a massive improvement. And it's a very simple process really.

Go for the WRT as the other routers mentioned are a complete rip-off to be honest (cable routers are a much simpler game than ADSL).

Soldato
It fix's issues that Linksys firmware has/had, offers considerably more features (if you want them). If nothing else flash it, ignore the extra features and enjoy the stability that it brings compared to the stock stuff.

Back
Top Bottom