Help choosing new monitors

Associate
Hi all

Im looking to update my dual screen setup (32" 1080 samsung tv circa 2011 and 2008ish viewsonic 1080 22")
My current plan is to go for two 27" screens. One 144hz 1440P and the other 4k 60hz.

My GPU is a Sapphire Vega 64.

The screens that I have looked into so far are:

4k:
LG 27UK600 IPS

1440p 144Hz:
acer Nitro VG270UP IPS
Samsung C27HG70 VA
MSI MAG27 CQ

What are your opinions about these, any obvious options I have missed?

Also, between the whole TN vs VA vs IPS thing and horror stories about recieving monitors with dead pixels, choosing a monitor doesnt seem very easy.

Associate
OP
OK. I have settled on the LG 27UK600 for 4k as there doesnt seem to be anything in the same price bracket that competes.

For the 1440p 144Hz things are still unclear. The acer seems to be the best spec wise. But i cannot find much info on it.

The samsung is my next option. But have seen on other threads that it isnt as good as some TN pannels. There just seems to be so many options and no clear way on figuring out what the best option for me is. (mix between gaming/programming).

Any suggestions on how to settle on a final option would be appriciated.

Soldato
The Acer XF270HU is supposed to be very good when it comes to 1440p, 144Hz & freesync.

..It got 4.5 and 5 out of 5 reviews at Trusted reviews & expertreviews.

Just another one to consider.

..And your correct about buying new monitors not being easy, In fact quality control on PC monitors is in a shocking state of affairs,TBH.

The manufacturers idea of what constitutes acceptable levels of dead pixels & IPS light bleed is very different to what the PC enthusiast customer considers acceptable, it seems.

The only thing you can do to mitigate the problem is to buy from somewhere that makes the return/replacement/refund process as easy as possible.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input.
Im looking for higher than 75hz. I have used a 75Hz and 144Hz screen and i dont think i would be happy only going to 75Hz now.

I will take a look at the XF270HU.

Back
Top Bottom