Help complete a £700 Ryzen Build

Associate
Hello all,

I'm building a Ryzen build for someone with a £700 budget. Which was supposed to include a monitor too. Not sure the budget could do that, so forget the monitor if its not possible. Please can anyone help me I'm not clued up on the AMD side of things right now. Mainly need the Base PC sorted.

I've already bought some parts elsewhere.

Ryzen 1600X £166.14
3TB HDD £66.97

£466.89 Remaining Which can you recommend?

Mobo (ITX if possible) otherwise Micro ATX is still fine.
Ram
Cooler
PSU
Case
SSD

PS. dont worry about the graphics card. Will just use onboard for now and will probably pickup something from MM later on.

Mega Thanks!

Associate
Can't use onboard with Ryzen 1600X. If you want that then you need to send it back and pick up a R5 2400G

Also if you had bought a non X chip it would come with a quite adequate stock cooler so no need for a third party cooler unless aiming for some overclocking.

RAM is expensive at the moment. You'd benefit from faster RAM but it'd be tight to fit the budget. I recommend Team Group RAM as it is known to work well with Ryzen.

Associate
OP
Can't use onboard with Ryzen 1600X. If you want that then you need to send it back and pick up a R5 2400G

Also if you had bought a non X chip it would come with a quite adequate stock cooler so no need for a third party cooler unless aiming for some overclocking.

RAM is expensive at the moment. You'd benefit from faster RAM but it'd be tight to fit the budget. I recommend Team Group RAM as it is known to work well with Ryzen.

Bugger did not know the 1600X didn't have onboard graphics. Will start looking for a cheap GPU now. I did know that the non X did come with a stock cooler, but there was none in stock at the time and thought that £166 for the 1600X was worth it at the time.

Associate
Bugger did not know the 1600X didn't have onboard graphics. Will start looking for a cheap GPU now. I did know that the non X did come with a stock cooler, but there was none in stock at the time and thought that £166 for the 1600X was worth it at the time.
You can pick up something like a GT 1030 that will get it up and running and even play some modest gaming.

Mini ITX motherboards are usually a little more expensive so you should really consider the case it is going in. If you want a super small PC then you are tied to Mini ITX. If it is just a generally small PC, smaller than mid tower, then you will get more bang for the buck with m-atx.

Most people will recommend a Seasonic PSU although I've seen some others get spec'd occasionally. You'd be fine with 400W or even less but if a dedicated GPU is going in then I'd say get 600W and don't try to buy budget rubbish. It's a big no no.

For motherboard just look at some of the B350 class boards and pick one you like at a reasonable price. There isn't much between the brands in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom