• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HELP: CPU-Z showing AVX speed not cpu ratio speed on full load?

Associate
I have a i9 7900x and I set the cpu ratio to 4.6GHz with a 1.15v the AVX is at 4.4Ghz and AVX-512 is at 4.3GHz. While am NOT stress testing the cpu in ROG CPU-Z it shows the core speed at 4600Mhz (4.6GHz) and the "Multiplier" also x46.0 which is fine. But as soon as I start stress testing the core speed goes to 4.4GHz and does not get any where near 4.6GHz sometime goes to 4.5GHz for a few seconds then drops back down to 4.4GHz even the Multiplier is showing x44.0? Know this is the speed of the "AVX" in bios 4400MHz (4.4GHz) so why would it be doing this? is there another setting I need to change? Also max temp am getting is 72c

Associate
OP
Maybe your stress test has avx..... Why not just use your machine for stress testing or use something like real bench which works fine.

HI, thanks just a update I set the AVX to "Auto" and know it's fine??? My cpu ratio is know same as my AVX for example I set my cpu ratio to 4.8GHz and the avx also was showing 4.8GHz in bios and while stress testing now with Aida64 the Rog CPU-Z is also showing 4.8GHz core speed weird? I mean is it fine to leave AVX on auto? I have AVX-512 on 3 which is 4.3GHz but that does not effect the overclock speed in anyway.

Associate
OP
Aids 64 runs some avx code hence your issue.

So AIDA64 is the problem? because as mentioned after setting AVX on Auto and doing the stress test with Aida64 CPU-Z is showing the correct overclock 4.8GHz speed does not go down now since AVX is on Auto and is the same speed as the cpu ratio 4.8GHz.

Back
Top Bottom