Help diagnosing a Windows issue

Guy

Guy

Associate
I've been having an issue for a while, I cannot rememeber when it started, but it's getting annoying. Basically, video stop playing, applications don't respond and the machine has to be restarted to get functionaility back. I'm not really sure the best way to start digging into the issue, as I'm not sure where to start looking log wise or where the issue might lie. Or even if it's a software issue, firmware or even hardware.

Overview of issues I've experienced:

Youtube video stops playing/timing out - like buffering, but video already has content loaded.
If I had a video playing locally, i would need to move the mouse for the video to actual play, audio seems fine.
Sounds drops from bluetooth speaker and then start getting issues, normally notice while playing games.

This has changed sligtly. Video do stop playing (sound continues), sometimes when having multiple web browsers open. Then starts again, short time afterwards. Also noticed, that I had the time not update, even when clicking on the clock to bring up the calendar time/view. It's like something stops being processed and windows hasn't noticed.

When having the issue:

Windows key and then typing, search brings no results back at all. Normally expect things to start showing straight away.
Opening/closing apps does not work. Sometimes get a half open pane on the windows bar, but doesn't get beyond that.
Cannot shut or restart pc without physically pushing the restart button. - Not all the time.
ctrl + shift + esc shows that a window is opening, but nothing happens.

If anyone can point me to a resource that might help be narrow down the issue or common things to try (graphics driver etc), that would be great. My Google Foo is totally failing, as I'm not sure what to look for, as it seems very random.

Back
Top Bottom