Help for first time build :)

Associate
Hi everyone, I've never built a pc before and I would like to have an opinion on this build. Do you think all the component are compatible? is it a good build for this price? If possible I would prefer to spend a couple of hundred quid less, can I safe some money somehow?
Last thing, I will be using this pc for video and photo editing, nothing too serious though.
Thanks a lot for your help guys.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,312.82
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Caporegime
Associate
OP
Thanks for that, is this much better than this?
cos I'm a student and I can get that with discount for £1150
is it really worth spending £130 more just to have a bigger ssd and a bigger screen?
That's me talking with no experience and not enough knowledge, so please don't insult me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
sorry about that, didn't really read the rules :)
Anyway, the reason I'm here is cos with my research I found out that build your own pc is better due to the quality of components and also works out cheaper than buying a pre-buid system.
could I get anything better than the dell for £1150?

Caporegime

Total: £1,071.74

Total: £1,081.74

Thats about as cheap as I can get it.

That is if you are happy to build it yourself.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I'll think about this, even tough I would rather go for a nvidia gpu cos I'm almost certainly be using linux on it and as far as I know nvidia gpu are better supported in linux distributions.
No I won't be doing any games, or at least any demanding games, Just video and photo editing. I was also wondering that probably I can stretch my budget up to £1300 for the right machine with the right screen, obviously only if the £200 more will make a real difference to the machine.

Caporegime
Never say never about proper gaming.

Total: £1,301.82

This is another case that has sound dampening material applied to it.

More can be found here - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cases-and-modding/pc-cases/noise-dampened?sPage=1&sSort=3

And theres others not in that link above like this one - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...ower-case-noise-dampened-black-ca-047-pt.html

I know nothing about Linux, but I do know that many video editing apps ec can use OpenGL which is strong on the AMD side, Nvidia have CUDA as their main way to accelerate performance.

Back
Top Bottom