HELP half of my hard drive has gone missing after a fresh install!

Soldato
OP
cpu is at stock and ram is running 2.5-3-3-8, ok now i have sp2 installed fine and mobo drivers and gfx card drivers all running fine i'm just creating a partion for the other portion of my hard drive as my 250gb seagate was recognised as 127gb free after windows install, would you recommend using partion magic to join the two partion's?

Soldato
harris1986 said:
you recommend using partion magic to join the two partion's?
No, I did it once, got an error and a FUBAR-ed install forcing me to start all over but maybe there are other programs that can do it that I don't know.

I would only do it if you deffo want one partition, if you can live with two partitions I would just make one (or more) new partition out of the unallocated space.

Soldato
OP
kk will keep the 2 partitions then, i installed firefox and for some reason like it did with my old hard drive it just wouldn't open, as soon as i click on it i get "this programme has encountered a error and needs to close" so looks like i'm running i.e. :confused:
otherwise it's running pretty smoothly *touches wood*

Soldato
OP
Looks like i'm going to have to rma my ram! i ran memtest last nite and it started giving me error's after 2% lol it's well and truly borked and comp was running completely stock settings

Soldato
harris1986 said:
Looks like i'm going to have to rma my ram! i ran memtest last nite and it started giving me error's after 2% lol it's well and truly borked and comp was running completely stock settings
If everything is at stock and with the correct timnings and voltage there is one stick that is borked.

Back
Top Bottom