Help! I'm getting automatic reboots.

Soldato
Got a 10 day old build consisting of the following parts -

Ryzen 5600X
Radeon RX6800
Asus Prime X570-P
16GB Kingston Hyper X 3600 MHz RAM
Corsair 750W PSU

It's only 10 days old & had been running flawlessly playing, many, many hours on Assasins Creed Odyssey and Eve Online. I installed Forza 7 a few days back & upon first loading the game I went to get a glass of water & came back to find the PC back at the windows login screen, odd I thought.

Loaded it up, did about 6 races, no issue.

The other night I installed Division 2, it will absolutely not run. Attempting to start it just instantly reboots my machine every single time without fail. I've also had a couple of reboots playing Forza 7 since but still none in AC:Odyssey or Eve online.

Where do I even start trying to diagnose this?

It's definitely not a cooling issue as the CPU seems to top out at about 57c in games & the GPU about 65-70c so it's all running nice and cool.

Man of Honour
Is the RX 6800 being powered from separate cables, or same one?

Bump DRAM voltage slightly?

Are the games all on same SSD or different one?

Associate
Most of my crashes on AMD platform are memory related, have you tried running the ddr at stock speed rather than xmp settings?

Soldato
OP
Most of my crashes on AMD platform are memory related, have you tried running the ddr at stock speed rather than xmp settings?

Yep, makes no difference.

I've noticed there is a WHEA error 18 logged every time it happens, it's actually starting to look like a common issue.

Soldato
OP
Man of Honour
Seen that page thank you.

I've been digging & found tons of posts with Ryzen CPU's throwing up the same issues, it's sounding like a voltage issue when the CPU is going from a low to a high power state. It seems that the common fix is replacing the processor unfortunately, might be having to call OCUK later.
If that's the case, it could be something that a new BIOS could resolve, if it's not supplying enough voltage, but do seem to be an unusually high number of faulty 5 series CPUs. Mind you, not sure I'd be keen on updating the BIOS with a PC that spontaneously reboots.

Soldato
OP
If that's the case, it could be something that a new BIOS could resolve, if it's not supplying enough voltage, but do seem to be an unusually high number of faulty 5 series CPUs. Mind you, not sure I'd be keen on updating the BIOS with a PC that spontaneously reboots.

I've seen people say that Disabling "C-States" solves the issue, but I can't find that option in my BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom