Help.. image update not showing

Soldato
tried to change a logo on a site, on the site right click shows it as image.gif

and downloaded, edited and re-uploaded it via FTP and overwrote itself

but the change is not showing

i thought it was brower cache but its the same on all browsers and my phone connected vie 4G

any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Make sure you upload image in binary mode...
Also maybe it could be a css issue, if you post a link we can check further...

i uploaded in binary just now, same problem

and how would i check if it is a CSS issue?

i assumed just replacing the files with the same name would do it

and thank you

Associate
Without seeing the website cant pin point exactly but if website has different css code for normal browsers, mobiles or tablet layouts then its possible there are different logo versions or files which you need to modify and upload the correct one.

Soldato
right click shows it as image.gif
Do you mean you checked the full path of the image or just the filename?
If you checked the path of the image displayed on the page before editing, it's definitely the correct image you changed and must be cached somewhere.
Try hold Ctrl and press F5 to do a hard-refresh and see if that helps.

Associate
Sounds like a caching issue to me - Ctrl + F5 doesn't usually clear cache, but there's usually an option to do that hidden somewhere in your browser menu. Best try that just to be sure!

Soldato
OP
its not just on one browser (which would be cache releated) its on different ones, different computers and on my phone

and it was the full path, there is only one image folder

Associate
Hmm - sounds odd! I'd try deleting the image server side via FTP and then reuploading just to be sure it was the right version, but other than that I'm stumped! Tried sticking it up in a different format and changing the file path to match?

Soldato
OP
the image on right click is the domain/images/logo.gif

this is the FTP

look.jpg

Soldato
hmm must be cached somewhere then - I cant think what else would cause it. Probably server-side if Ctrl+F5 didnt work.

I'd just rename the file to logo2.gif on your computer then upload it via ftp again and change the website to use the new file.

edit: I see you've changed the contact_over.jpg file today too, did that one refresh?

Back
Top Bottom