Help me find this type of music.

Associate
Can anyone help me. Im after some music that i dont know anything about.

The only way i can describe it is as being church music. I imagine there to be a group of women singing with very soft voices along with very soft background music.

I remember there being this "type" of music in lord of the rings when the beautiful lady in white clothing was on scene. The one who rode the white horse followed by the black horses :p . Its a very soothing and calming type of music.

Sorry for being vague, but a thorough search and i still have no artists or clues.
Thanks for any help,
Ryan.

Soldato
Enya is the obvious choice but, if you want church music try looking for 'plain song', 'Gregorian chant'(tends to be male voice though) or 'vespers'. Choral Evensong may fit the bill as well.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerrard solo ventures with Hans Zimmer - think of the background music to the dying scene of "Gladiator"etc. Dead Can Dance material is incredibly "churchy" but in powerful and intense way.

More Celtic - Enya, and Enya being Eithne Brennan naturally one should look into clan of Brennans - Clannad (remember score to BBC's "mystical" Robin Hood with Michael Praed from your childhood?),

Associate
I thought there was only enya and clannad on the map too till i looked around, it can be hard to track down.
I love this `quiet music` genre tho and have a whole bunch tho,artists/albums i recommend:
Bill Douglas-Deep peace
Secret Garden-Songs from a Secret Garden
Tim Story-Shadowplay
John Foxx-Cathedral Oceans III
Oystein Sevåg + Lakki Patey- (Visual)
*Any `Celtic Twilight` compilation vol 1-5 would prob suit.

I found a wealth of quiet music i never heard before here at http://www.hos.com/.
If you sign up for free you can listen to the weekly sunday show for free its how i heard a lot of this wonderful music.

Tracks currently soothing my big lugs:
Mychael & Jeff Danna - Loch etive
Lisa Gerrard-Amergins`s Invocation
Bill Douglas-Deep peace
John Barry-Beyondness of things
Jia Peng Fang-Silent Moon
Hanz Zimmer-Safe passage(Last samurai)
Tim story-When all beyond was wild

Pop on msn if you`d like further recommendations

Back
Top Bottom