Help Me! I return to the PC Game fold only to not to even be able install the game!

Soldato
So After many years of only playing consoles I come back to try out Dawn of War 2.

I throw the game in and it starts its bizarre steam install process. Gets to the bit where it wants the cd key whcih I duly type in. It sits there doing nothing for a while then tells me the steam server is unavailable.

Now I know this is rubbish because I tried My copy of UT3 by putting in the key and it found it and installed it.

What do I do? I've tried resetting he router, turning off the firewall, reseting the pc, tried to both install it fom the disk and install it just from the CD key. What left? I'vm starting to get really annoyed, I umm'd and arrr'd about buying it in the shop as I recalled all the ludicrous headaches pc gaming had associated but I never expected not to even be able to install it.

Soldato
OP
Ok on my 15th attempt it tells me that the key I've entered is already registered to an account. Now the icon has magically appeared in my steam list So I can download it (despite havin the cd in the drive) but when I right click on it and view key and has a totally different key listed. It had better work ok when it launches (in a couple of hours!)

Only thing I can think is happening is that its getting ome how confused with the beta I had installed previously.

Soldato
I assume this is a steam only game ( I don't know you tell me?)
If so:
Try simply throwing the cd in the bin and just inputting the CD key into your steam account and let it download.

You can blame microsoft and the makers of DoW2 to blame though that they made GFWL and Steam a requirement for the game.

Back
Top Bottom